ZX2 strut tops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZX2 strut tops

Does anyone know if the ZX2 upper strut mount and upper spring perch will fit a 1st gen Protege?

I mean, if I buy a set of ZX2 S/R struts, can I also order the upper strut mount and the bearing and just replace them instead of modifying the strut mount to fit the ZX2 bearing?

I figured that since the Protege strut mount has seen better days, might as well replace them with the ZX2 and not even bother with modifying the old ones for the new thrust bearings.

I would assume they would work fine, but never had to try. Modding the strut top to make the bearings fit was not difficult, however.
    Dan
    dreesemonkey

Comment

I'm not afraid of modifying the Protege ones, but if I'm going to buy strut tops anyway, might as well buy the ones that don't need any modification at all. Especially if they would happen to be stiffer.

Comment

Thats an interesting idea as I am going to be buying the ZX2 struts soon also. Plus my strut mounts need replacing anyhow.
        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Originally posted by cortez
          I'm not afraid of modifying the Protege ones, but if I'm going to buy strut tops anyway, might as well buy the ones that don't need any modification at all. Especially if they would happen to be stiffer.
          Please, let us know how it works out!
          Dan
          dreesemonkey

Comment

Working...
          X