Ghetto rim fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghetto rim fix

I scratched up my rims pretty bad on a curb, I was wondering if I could do a ghetto fix and fill the scratches with some sort of body filler and paint over them using the same type of paint maz94 used (see gunmetal 90-91 thread) does it sound like it'll work or will I just make things worse? Just trying to save money since us college kids don't have a lot to spend. Also, anyone have any idea on what I could use for filler?
    02' Protege ES sedan w/ 03 refresh package, loaded with everything minus sunroof, 5 speed manual, red neons under seats to match red lighting on guage cluster/center consol *you can't hug children with nuclear arms*

I don't see a photo.....
    -------------------------
    '91 LX
    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
    -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

the local 'Wheel Dr' did just what you speak of. On my 18" TSW VX1's I had one of the spokes that stuck out really far got nailed quite well and two more had slight imperfections from same event. He grinded the high points down and filled the crevices with 'Bondo' type material, 3 days later he returned and sanded/painted it to match the original silver color with an airbrush. Only difference was the original paint had more of a shine even with the multiple coats of clear he applied but nobody could ever tell it had been fixed.
      Rear Wheel on this picture:

If you look closely you can see where the panel between the door and rear wheel well are pushed in as well.
      Last edited by DeanSweetP5; 02-03-2004, 10:48 AM.
      'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
      -Dean
      2003.5 Vivid Yellow Protege5

Mods:
      18" G-Racing Kirins - hyper black
      Eibach Pro-Line lowering springs
      MazdaSpeed Axelback Exhaust
      Injen CAI - Polished
      Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
      DaveB trim rings
      Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
      Alpine CVA-1005 - 6.5" LCD Reciever.
      Alpine DVA-5210 - DVD/WMA/CD/MP3 Player
      Alpine ERA-G320 - EQ/Surround processor.
      Kicker IX-405D 5 Channel Amp
      Kicker 12" L5's in bandpass enclosure (2 of them)
      Kicker K-57.2 Components up front
      Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

Originally posted by DeanSweet
        the local 'Wheel Dr' did just what you speak of. On my 18" TSW VX1's I had one of the spokes that stuck out really far got nailed quite well and two more had slight imperfections from same event. He grinded the high points down and filled the crevices with 'Bondo' type material, 3 days later he returned and sanded/painted it to match the original silver color with an airbrush. Only difference was the original paint had more of a shine even with the multiple coats of clear he applied but nobody could ever tell it had been fixed.
        Rear Wheel on this picture:

If you look closely you can see where the panel between the door and rear wheel well are pushed in as well.
        18's on a dohc ....
        why??
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Yea, the pic isn't working so no pic here, sorry bout that, I'm guessing a mod will move it to the exterior or possibly wheel section? Sorry about the misplacement.
          02' Protege ES sedan w/ 03 refresh package, loaded with everything minus sunroof, 5 speed manual, red neons under seats to match red lighting on guage cluster/center consol *you can't hug children with nuclear arms*

Comment

Working...
          X