Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'm missing my BAC valve GTX

Hi,

I've noticed that I have a port under my throttle, passenger side, that has no tube connected. I looked in my service manual and I think it goes to the BAC ... which I also could not fine. Manual says its attached to the strut tower, I have nothing there. Could anyone help me figure this out, maybe you have a picture of the BAC so I can compare.

Thanks!

Can anyone take a quick pic of their passenger side strut tower? Still unsure of this BAC thing ...

Thanks

Comment

BAC as in Bypass air control? Idle valve? Its bolted to the passenger side of the intake manifold and takes air from a ~1/2" hose on the crossover pipe ontop of the valvecover
      1991 Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT AWD Bastardization/conversion
      1991 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo AWD

Creator of the B6T Rocketchip
      www.werbatfik.com

Comment

ok thanks.

Weird that the Shop manual says it's mounted to the passenger side strut tower. Is there anything usually mounted on the side of the strut tower?

Sorry if I'm asking weird questions, ... the guy who owned my car many years ago did really weird things to it.

Comment

The black knock control box is adjacent to the strut tower. The BAC/ISC valve is on the passenger's side of the intake, above the alternator.

You should post a pic of what you think the knock box is.

Also, go to the ford laser forum, register, log in, and download the Factory Service Manual for the BF GTX. You can fix just about anything with this resource, and you don't have to be a genius to do it.

Comment

Working...
          X