Minimum CCA battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minimum CCA battery

My old battery has died right in the middle of an event as always! And I am seaching for a smaller lighter one, I was tempted by the Braille lightweight battery, but don't know what is the minimum CCA I'll need to start the car..

Also, Any of you guys had any experience with those super lightweight (9lbs) batteries?
    Here is the link to the one I want to get..

Thanks!
    sigpicYEAH!!!!

Happy Motoring!
    02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
    MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
    MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
    Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
    MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
    Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
    Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
    Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
    Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
    Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
    Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
    Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
    Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

All right! thanks I'll probably get an Optima, last thing I want it not to be sure about if the car will restart during an event.
      sigpicYEAH!!!!

Comment

Si tu veux une batterie comme celle que tu as montré prends une ETX9 de "Eastpenn battery". C'est une AGM et c'est une très bonne compagnie. C'est de cette compagnie que ma compagnie achètes ses batteries.

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" catback, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

After much debate and questioning old rally folks, I'll go with the regular cheap optima redtop. Heavier but I was told that the Braille and the other lightweight ones won't hold the rally duty. They will start the car once but won't be able to do it twice if stalled or having air filter problems like I had last week.....

Plus if I need to run some electronics, communication or fans while the car is turned off there is not a lot of range before the power fails down....

Thanks for the help!
          sigpicYEAH!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X