Need help removing a car alarm system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help removing a car alarm system

I am just testing the waters to see if anyone has any experience removing car alarm systems. I have a black widow car alarm that was installed YEARS ago and I have not used for over 5 years. I think that this could be the issue with my ignition problem. The alarm does have a kill switch (cant remember what kind) installed in it. All I want to do is remove the whole thing, I dont want to keep any of it. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks
    Last edited by roymacavoy; 09-04-2010, 04:19 PM. Reason: spelling

I dont but as soon as i get my funds up i will be trying to get mine uninstalled atleast or a new one installed behind it, because my brother messed mine up and i believe that its constantly running my battery down. I can park my car for a day and the battery is close to dead. I can't start it the next day.
    Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
    "Who Dey"

Comment

I have a suggestion. If it still works and you have the remote try dis arming it.
      Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
      "Who Dey"

Comment

Find the brain box and start tracing wires. Use solder and heat shrink to repair wires that were cut or spliced into.
        Last edited by D323; 09-04-2010, 03:03 PM.
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

your main ignition wire has been cut to put in the starter kill. you should be able to simply bypass that and remove the siren and you shouldn't have any issues. that way if you don't want to trace back everything else you cna just leave it.

NEUMAN

Comment

^^
            I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
            |.....Overnight....................| ||
            |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
            |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
            "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
            Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Its also tied into the locks for the car so everytime I turn on the key it locks the door and soforthe. I just cant remember if it kills the power to the starter or something else. I have no clue about car alarms. I am just trying to get the car back to were it is completely stock to find my electrical gremlin.

Comment

the doors locking is part of the programming in the alarm. do as i said and rice backed up and it will be no issue.

NEUMAN

Comment

Working...
                X