I KNOW I've seen this posted before...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I KNOW I've seen this posted before...

...but I can't remember if it was here or the old board, and I can't find it either place.
    My AC is blinking on and off with the fan on speed #2. I can feel the compressor turning on and off, so I know it's not just the light. I know someone else had this problem, and solved it, but for the life of me I can't find it. Does anyone remember, and can you point me to the right place? I don't want to call the dealer until I find out what it is myself.
    ~Mark.
    2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

here ya go

Comment

Thanks!
      ~Mark.
      2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

Comment

The dealer replaced a "resistor" and fixed the problem in our LX
        2003 Protege5
        Midnight Blue MTX
        2002 Protege LX
        Black Mica MTX

Comment

Good. At least it's something simple. Guess I'll call Morrie's sometime this week...
          ~Mark.

Comment

I had the same problem but I didn't notice the compressor turning on and off, just the light blinking. It happened twice and they were so far apart. It's the weirdest thing. Mine is a 2001 and warranty expires soon, so maybe I should get it checked out, but bastards will probably say nothing is wrong and a month after warranty is up, the thing will go out!!!
            2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
            KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
            Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
            Groundkit

Comment

Working...
            X