GTR BPT engine swap in 93 MX3 engine harness problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GTR BPT engine swap in 93 MX3 engine harness problems

I'm in the process of doing a GTR BPT engine swap in my 1993 SOHC MX3. I removed the stock ecu and engine harness and when i went to install the GTR harness i noticed one of the connector was different. Located down by the ECU, there is a black and white connector. On the MX3 the white connector is a 10 pin connector and there is another seperate two wire connector. Whereas the GTR has one single 15 pin connector.

The Black connectors are the same but have different wires in different locations? and not too sure what to do about the White connectors? Here's some pictures

MX3 White 10 pin connector Plug ^

MX3 White 2 pin connector plug ^

GTR White 15 pin connector Plug^

MX3 Engine Harness ^

GTR Engine Harness (X-06 is the 15 pin white plug and X-03 is the black plug) ^

Most people just use a stock protege Lx bp harness and rx7 460cc injectors on there motors so you dont have to run the gtr harness and resistor boxes for the injectors. I don't know what kind of help your going to get.
    Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
    "Who Dey"

Comment

Its listed in the GTR FSM as a front harness connector leading to the fuse box.

1993 Mazda Familia GTR - work log

Comment

I have already switched my injectors over to RX7 ones. And i also tryed a protege harness but half the plugs for the engine were not going to work with my sensors so thats why i went with the GTR harness. Looks like i just got to change the one white connector once i figure out which wires go were in the smaller MX3 connector.

Comment

I looked at the above posted picure of front harness connectors and they are not the same as what i have. My black connector is a 20 pin called the X-03 and the white connector is a 15 pin called the X-06 not the same as the above diagram.

Comment

most of the wires on 1 of the 2 plugs(blk?)in your car are not used.the brake light switch,blower fan,clutch,have a looksee at the files in the 323gtx yahoo forum theres a very good b6t /bpt swap.time is what your really gonna need,good luck man.

Comment

edit: my bad, posted up the wrong picture. Here, I found the correct one.

Last edited by Crazy Drummer69; 09-09-2010, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the wiring diagram i have been studying this for the last couple days. I believe this wiring diagram is for a 92 GTR and my harness and ECU is a 93. My plugs that i'm having problems with are the X-03 and X-06 just the colors and location of the wiring in this wiring diagram don't match my harness. I'm figuring that a 92 and 93 must have had a different layout. Does anyone have a 93 MX3 wiring diagram as well

Comment

Or a 93 GTR wiring diagram to compare to the 92 GTR wiring diagram

Comment

The diagrams are from the EURO (LHD) FSM, the harness came from a JDM (RHD) GTR. That's probably why the wiring is a bit different. All GTRs were made in 92 and released off the lot over those three years (92/93/94). You can get all of the FSMs available in digital format from fordlaser.com, you will need to register an account first.
                    Last edited by Crazy Drummer69; 09-09-2010, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Kudos for posting those diagrams.

Threads with pics are the way to go when troubleshooting, take as many as you can.

I sometimes go back through my photo archives and its like a refresh of the stuff that has been done.

Comment

corey always comes threw.

sigpicWorlds first car with GPS was a Mazda

~~~~~~~~> Thanks again to member gooseinyou for the familia garnish <~~~~~~~~

Comment

thanks for posting that but what do all the wires do im doing a mx-3 swap too sohc to a gtx if you could help that would be great

Comment

Well i got my gtr installed and running in my MX3 but the harness was my biggest issue. It was no easy task. First off the GTR and GTX harness is about 3 feet shorter then the MX3 cause it from a right hand drive car and would go threw the firewall on the left and side of the car. Where as the engine harness for the MX3 goes thew the firewall on the right had side of the car. It took me weeks of studying the two wiring diagrams MX3 and GTR to figure out which plugs i had to switch to make it work. Plus i also had to lengthen the complete harness.

Comment

Working...
                            X