Hey all, looking for advice and opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all, looking for advice and opinions

First off I just want to say hi to everyone, I just joined the forums this evening. Last week i was looking for a new car cause my 85 civic's crankshaft froze and I need a car to commute to school. I was looking at a nissan sentra, but the rear was just too ugly, so I decided to buy my brothers 2000 protege dx. The interior is new, no blemishes, stains, scratches or dirt. The only body damage is on the driver side door(ass hole hit me at school 2 days after purchasing the car).
    Its really dirty right now cause its been snowing all week again....

I plan on doing some work on the car because I think the protege has tons of style potential(and it is so much more fun to drive than my civic). I plan on tinting the windows, getting fogs, mp3 spoiler, and rims. For now i just want the tint and rims untill I can afford the rest. So I am looking for some advice, i was on wheelmax and I saw the H-50s(17s), speeds(17s), and bk-7s(17s). I think I like the H-50s and the speeds the best. I was wondering what colour of rims you guys think would look best with the biege. I was also wodering if I should lower my car after getting the rims. I would rather not lower the car immediatly after i get the rims(im really tight on cash) and i also live in utah which really sucks for lowered cars and body kits. The roads are dominated by rock flicking SUVs and it snows really heavy during the winter. So if I don't lower the car am I going to have any problems besids the look with 17s?
    Thanks for any advice,
    Mark

You will be fine if you are not lowered with 17s. And you really don't have to worry about much rubbing with the 17s. Our cars have alot of room in the wheel well. I can't remember what the speeds look like but I am a big fan of the other two styles. I used to have the Exel TZ-7's before I got the Ennios. My second choice when I got the second set of rims was the H-50s.

Comment

I didn't think I'd like it at first but I looove the way mine look and we've got a similar color. Here's my pics, they're only 15s though:

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
      Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
      I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

I concur about the Konig Holes...except 17's

Comment

Hmm...you can take a day pic Wish I would have gotten 16s but I guess take what you can get right?
          Got anymore pics of the rims in the daylight?
          Definately didn't expect them to look as good as they do. My suggestion is a gunmetal wheel with a polished lip with tinted windows.

Hmm....a tinting we will go...(maybe someday soon?)

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>

Comment

lol yea i can... its just most of the time people ask me to take a pic of something its 3 in the morning lol....

only other day shot I have em lol... i think i left the rest on the womans camera lol

I really dont like the kumhos now that I have them... they make the wheel look smaller than it really is.... but on other tires they look huge... it may just bet hat its not lowered yet thats doing it but iono

Comment

sweet

i didnt think that i would like black rims w/ polished lip but that looks sick! Im thinking going with those holes in 17s. Know any good sites or stores i could pick some up at?

Comment

Those are gunmetal...not black.

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                  I really dont like the kumhos now that I have them... they make the wheel look smaller than it really is.... but on other tires they look huge... it may just bet hat its not lowered yet thats doing it but iono
                  Yeah homie... I got the Kuhmo's too... I havent lowered the car either... Double punch to the bizzalls... stupid Cincinnati and its hills...

Ameen
                  1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
                  1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
                  2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
                  2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

Working...
                  X