quick question, possibly very dumb...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quick question, possibly very dumb...

anyone ever stab a v6 in a gtx before? as in with the whole awd system working and such.

if not, why not?

just wondering.
    88 GT - DD
    88 GTX - whore

your biggest obsticle would be the gearbox. anything is possible with time and money
    91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

Yep the V6 isn't the same bolt patern as any of the awd gear boxes for the 323's..

Comment

if its a bg chassis then you can put the internals into a v6 transmission case and bolt up the awd ( theoretically) you would have to have both transmissions side by side to look
        91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

there is an uber rare 4wd car with a KL somewhere
          "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
          -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
          *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
          172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
          New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

i would like to see that. that would be pretty cool

Comment

it was a 626 i believe
              -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.

Comment

V6 with an MPV gear box.. good luck making it all fit though.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
                1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
                1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
                1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
                1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

Originally posted by 808 View Post
                  V6 with an MPV gear box.. good luck making it all fit though.
                  if i can make mine fit, he can too. hes got the tunnel for it. lol

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWzCA...ext=1&index=11 (thats a bg)

Comment

Originally posted by MD323 View Post
                      there is an uber rare 4wd car with a KL somewhere
                      sadly they only came in ATX.
                      ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                      ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
                      What are you driving?

Comment

/watch?v=uWzCAkaaSX4&p=6B0A45AD1EB93039&playnext=1& index=11[/url] (thats a bg)[/QUOTE]

thats not AWD

Originally posted by monoxidechild View Post
                        sadly they only came in ATX.
                        yeah i found that out researching it last night, but the car shares the same platform with the escape so there might be hope.

or just put on a toyota box and forget about it lol
                        -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

biggest issue is getting any manual 4WD trans to bolt to the KL block. Once that's done, it's all just money and fabrication...

I think you can take the bell-housing side of the transmission case and swap between KL and BP patterns with the FWD G-box, but I think there's enough different in the 4WD box and the 2WD box that it won't work going from FWD to 4WD.

nothing a LARGE bandsaw, a welder set up for AL, and a few hours' time can't take care of, though...

How much shorter (if any) is the KL than the BP? If it is a bit shorter, it might even make it easier to fit an E153 in there, maybe no need for the frame rail to be sliced/diced...

It would be fun for sure. I was kinda thinking of it the other day, but decided to stop before I got myself into trouble.

Hell, why not make the 1uz-fe mated to the E153 AWD box? 4.0L of V8 aweseomeness!!

--sarge
                          Last edited by SgtRauksauff; 09-11-2010, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X