Rough Riding Rims & Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rough Riding Rims & Tires

I just installed my 17" Exel H-50 rims onto my car and it seems like they are riding really rough. What can I do to fix this for a lot smoother ride?

Thanks
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/mazda99protege

Originally posted by mazdaprotege99
    I just installed my 17" Exel H-50 rims onto my car and it seems like they are riding really rough. What can I do to fix this for a lot smoother ride?

Thanks
    Uninstall them and put back on your stock tires. You may as well get used to it, that is the world of aftermarket wheels. But if you think your 17s are rough try riding on my 18s with lowering springs.

Comment

on a side note.. from what i've read all over the place. the Kumho 712s are pretty much the roughest ride out there.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
      RB springs
      Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
      MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by Lil Freek
        on a side note.. from what i've read all over the place. the Kumho 712s are pretty much the roughest ride out there.
        And some of the shortest lasting tires ever. I will never use Kumhos again.

Comment

Get smaller rims and thicker tires. Other than that...get a cushion to put under your butt??

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
          Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
          I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

yep I will never buy kumho's again.... and I only have a thousand miles on them if that....anyone know if it would mess up anything if I put yokohoma's on the front and left kumhos on the back? or does it on;ly matter from side to side?

Comment

it's suggested to leave them.
              but it doesn't actually matter. so long as the dimensions are the same.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
              RB springs
              Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
              MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

Yea that's what i have on my 17's right now and u tlak about rough ridin'!!!! Road Noize and all that shiz... Sometimes it's not as bad, but other timez i just want to bust my ear drums and turn up the radio!!!!! LOL!!! Funny thing when i had 18's on my lowered Mazda 929 it was the smoothest ridin thing, but that just shows u what a luxury can do for u!!! !!!! And we hacked the springs!!! KUMHO'S Suck!!!! I'll rant bout dat!!! I love Falkens!!!!
                Last edited by "mazdachic"; 02-04-2004, 09:37 PM.
                "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

my god when im on the highway at 85 or so they are so friggin loud....I like the tire though minus the non luxury's.... thats why its a ultra performance or high performance tire... or atleast thats what the website said.... so if I ever do get kumhos again I make sure I get it in the normal category since I just drive normal and dont do crazy stuff.....

on another not: I heart Itunes... fuq u winamp

Comment

Awwwww Shiiiiit.... I got Kuhmos shipped with my 17's... F... F... F... You say they wear after only 1000 miles?!?!?!?!?! what kind of crap... let me know.

And for the note: I'm not lowering my car... Damn Cincinnati and its hills. Ultimately it doesnt seem like a good idea.

Meen
                    1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
                    1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
                    2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
                    2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

no they havent started to do visible wear yet.... im just saying not even after 1k miles on them im already disappointed... i was dissapointed with them by like the 3rd drive with them on.

Comment

Re: Rough Riding Rims &amp; Tires

My choice for a summer only tire is the Yokohama AVS ES100 in 205/45-16 size. Excellent performance wet or dry and extremely quiet and smooth. One of the reasons I use 16" wheels is so that I could use 45 aspect ratio tires rather than the 40 series tires I would have had to use with 17" wheels so as to maintain the proper speedometer drive ratio. 45 series tires are less harsh than 40 series albeit with some loss of sidewall stiffness but my car is mostly a daily driver. In any case, this combination gives me noticeably better handling than the stock set-up.
                        02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
                        MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
                        MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
                        Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
                        MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
                        Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
                        Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
                        Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
                        Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
                        Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
                        Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
                        Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
                        Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

I have 17" Kumho 712s on my 323. I have about 3-4k on them, wear is great so far. They do ride TERRIBLE though, but I haven't had any other tires on here to compare. All I know is riding on my 13s is much more comfy right now
                          Dan
                          dreesemonkey

Comment

yea no wear5 here either just loud as hizelle!!!! I sound like i got Big ole Thornburgs on my ride!!!!!!!!!!
                            "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

I would have to disagree with ya ...
                              I had khumo's on my protege.. They rode damn good and were quiet as hell.
                              wet and dry traction was just crazy.. great grip.
                              Only problem I found with them was that there sidewalls were to big, which caused your 17 or 16 inch rim to look like a 16 or 15 inch rim.. not good.

Otherwise there were cool...
                              Also with proper alignment they will last longer than any nitto tire.
                              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
                              X