Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear defroster, is there a way to replace it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear defroster, is there a way to replace it?

The rear defroster in my pro never worked, so when I started to take off all the purple tint on the car, my brother just decided to cut through the defroster lines for some odd reasojn... soo, it still doesnt work, AND now its all cut up... is there a way to take it off and replace it, ordo I wait on a new window, or for right now, can I just take a sharpie, and fill in all the places where itis cut?

ytes, I searched lol

There is a repair kit you can buy, to repair the conductive material. But if you've taken it off entirely, that may be another story.......
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

naw man, i havent taken it off at all, it is just extremely cut up

Comment

I'm thinking I've seen it at a local auto parts store but I could be wrong. If I remember correctly it's a template/stencil and it's like white out. There's a brush that's inside the bottle that you brush the black stuff on with.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
        Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
        I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

i might check auto zone tomorrow

Comment

if you do take it all off, there are kits to put all new stuff on there. i actually have one sitting in a closet right now, because i killed the car i was gonna put it in.

93' 5spd DX
            R.I.P

Comment

Just checking. Does your defroster light turn on when you press the button on the dash? Mine didn't sp I ripped it appart and for some god known reason someone had disconected it.

Comment

the L.E.D. just wears out but the switch is still good
                No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

Working...
                X