Oil pan help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil pan help

I pulled the oil pan off the k8 to put it on the kl because during transport the kl pan got a little banged up. Can I just slap the k8 pan on the kl without swapping anything like the pickup tube, ecg?
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

there the same pans. will swap right over.
    ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
    ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
    What are you driving?

Comment

Thanks Pat. Now for another question. The gasket set came with a cork style oil pan gasket. I'm use to just using gasket maker and that's what the k8 pan had. Should I use the cork or just new sealant?
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

screw that cork gasket ****. leaks more times then not. i always use either three bond gasket maker, or honda bond gasket maker. both are the ****, and destroy the **** the auto parts stores sell.
        ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
        ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
        What are you driving?

Comment

RTV sealant everywhere! my motor is practically dipped in a bath of rtv lol

do the 2 oil pans look differently or something? j/w
          Originally posted by 90prtege
          have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
          Originally posted by Turpro
          Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
          CRZbrussian: that sux
          CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
          CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

Can-o right stuff over here
            "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
            -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
            *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
            172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
            New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Yea I kind of figured the crkboard **** would be bad to use.

I'll snap a pic of both to show the differences. Nothing big just wanted to make sure I didn't need to swap pickup tubes or anything
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Yea I kind of figured the crkboard **** would be bad to use.

I'll snap a pic of both to show the differences. Nothing big just wanted to make sure I didn't need to swap pickup tubes or anything
                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

I use Hondabond its the ****. Toyota has some good gasket make from what Ive heard. You will probably need to use the two crescent seals but **** that cork ****. I always rtv the **** out of the crescent seals and make sure you rtv the INSIDE of the bolt holes
                  I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
                  |.....Overnight....................| ||
                  |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
                  |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
                  "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
                  Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

alot of OEM mazda motors dont have a stock oil pan gasket. they had a quality gasket maker from the factory. its why if you buy a oil pan gasket for the f2/f2t, the bolts wont tighten. its cause it wasnt designed for it, so the bolts arent long enough.
                    ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                    What are you driving?

Comment

i already ****ing told you it was the same pan lol, i picked up "the right stuff" sealer for my oil pan job.
                      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

WTF, LOL

This thread rocks

Not to kijack, the bp oil pan I swear it is a hit or miss, the same thing with the valve cover. Sometimes I do everything by the book and no matter what it still leaks.
                        Last edited by psiturbo; 09-25-2010, 12:03 PM.

Comment

All my pans I've sealed from when I boosted mine and bomdoutscorts haven't leaked so you must just....ok I'll be nice. Scotch pads and brake cleaner to get the surfaces clean.
                          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post

lies
                            Originally posted by 90prtege
                            have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
                            Originally posted by Turpro
                            Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
                            CRZbrussian: that sux
                            CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
                            CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

Originally posted by tehstocker99 View Post
                              lies
                              Haven't pulled the other pan yet
                              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Working...
                              X