Mpro5 build thread.. lots of pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mpro5 build thread.. lots of pics

here is a continuing build log of the changes of my 03 Protege5. started thinking at the end of 2009 about building my car for Speedsport 2010 in Moncton NB. Talking to a good friend of mine who has built many cars for this show we decided to go all out and do a build that not too many people in our car scenes would see( not a Honda, or j-body). so i started making phone calls and sending emails out to collect the parts needed to build this car the way i wanted...

here is the car before we started, looks good but the rear quarters were already done once for rust and rust was back...

March 03/2010

So the fun task of stripping the car and getting it ready for paint began..

once the car was all ready for a final sanding before primer and paint, it was time to line up my cf hood and get ready for the Aerocatch latches.

starting to cut into my new cf hood.. first ones that either of us have ever installed..

March 19/2010

After that was finished we cleaned up the shop to get ready for primer and more final blocking and sanding..

Car all primed and ready for color.. Then the painter went away to Florida for a mini vacation ( week) before the painting process happened, while he was away the guy that owns the shop we were renting decided that he wanted his shop back( had already been paid). i received a msg from him as to where i wanted my car towed, as it was going to be packed up with everything we have at the shop, and leaving the same day..

April 13th..10 days before the show deadline..

April 13th.. 10 Days till D-Day

So the car was on the way to a friends of mines so that we could hopefully finish in time for our deadline.. unknown at the time was that my car had sat in the rain for a week.. in primer.. so not only did we now have to empty the whole car and make sure everything was there.. we had to strip the paper and tape off a car that had sat in the rain for a week and hope that it was alright.. since we were going with a black roof to match the CF hood, and CF spoiler we had a lot of taping and work ahead of us..

Now that the car was going back together after paint, the same time my new suspension, brakes, interior, stereo, wheels were going on car. we were also wet sanding and buffing the clear, lots of work but worth it.. all 3 days before my car had to be in Moncton.

April 22
    now its the day i have to drive to Moncton 1.5 hrs.. still have the door panels to put in and to clean the interior of the car.. some stuff was not finished like my trunk stereo install, or a few goodies under the hood but we got the car together and in the show..
    Last edited by mpro5; 09-22-2010, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Pics from the show

Now that i made it to the show, they tried to get my car upstairs but it was too low for the entrance, so i got the privilege of being across from Extreme motor sports wild 2010 Camero, and Cadillac

My car in her first show..

Now after the show was finished, we did manage to complete a few other small things. adjust my coilovers properly so that i had a better ride, now i had the joy of enjoying my ride for the summer..
      Last edited by mpro5; 09-22-2010, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Current pics of the car from over the summer, and a few other shows that i went to this year..

Last edited by mpro5; 09-22-2010, 08:33 AM.

Comment

car look amazing!! the only thing missing its a protege mazdaspeed turbo setup. also how you like the k-sport suspension with the nice road we have around here.
          2012 Kia rio
          2009 Nissan Frontier
          1997 chaparral 180LE

Comment

Excellent job on the paint - the good

The bad (IMO) - Wheels and ride height

Comment

Nice job I have to agree, needs ms turbo
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by scortadict View Post
                car look amazing!! the only thing missing its a protege mazdaspeed turbo setup. also how you like the k-sport suspension with the nice road we have around here.
                i drive all highway to work everyday, and to be honest once i had the suspension dialed in, its a lot smoother then some of the other lowered cars I've been in

Originally posted by psiturbo View Post
                Excellent job on the paint - the good

The bad (IMO) - Wheels and ride height
                wheels and ride height are only for this year, i already have my new rims picked out, and the suspension will be going up for next season. Need to keep people guessing...

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
                Nice job I have to agree, needs ms turbo
                Turbo has been though of a lot. I've already started to piece together the factory kit, plus some other parts. Not sure if it will be put on the car while its stored this winter or not... have a few other plans for the engine bay at the same time we turbo it.
                Last edited by mpro5; 01-12-2011, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Comment

few pics taken during a cruise last Saturday, over 700km in one day...

Comment

paint looks good, gotta agree on height and Rims. but im excited to see the new ones.
                      you should clean the engine bay up alot more though. that would make this ride amazing.
                      Originally posted by atomicEGT
                      having the fastest/most powerful VJ20 is like wanting to **** the prettiest girl in the trailer park

sure you can do it, but most people aren't gonna be impressed
                      93 Merc Tracer - Daily Driver

Certified:
                      CompTIA A+ | CompTIA Network+ | J-std

Comment

Nice to see another Canadian Protege that is still being loved...

Comment

Originally posted by mpro5 View Post

EPIC picture!
                          DailyDriver/Grocery getter:
                          1986 Toyota Corolla GT-S 4AGE 16v Hi-comp/TRD/LSD
                          RUN 4AG!

Comment

really nice..im loving the front bumper and wheels on the PR5

Comment

Originally posted by ratch View Post
                              paint looks good, gotta agree on height and Rims. but im excited to see the new ones.
                              you should clean the engine bay up alot more though. that would make this ride amazing.
                              The engine bay is getting a huge makeover this winter, lots of useless stuff is coming out and things are being hidden...

the ride height has already been adjusted, just waiting on new rims..

Originally posted by BRIAN MP5T View Post
                              Nice to see another Canadian Protege that is still being loved...
                              thanks Brian, can't wait to see how your car turns out this summer.

some new parts finding there way into car this winter..

Sealed Style eliminates stock PCV and adds a reliable check valve. - created at http://animoto.com

Last edited by mpro5; 01-12-2011, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X