Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question for anyone who has lowered their Protege.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question for anyone who has lowered their Protege.

I'm gonna be installing my Tein springs soon an was wondering how long did you wait for the springs to settle before getting a alignment done? Do you have any suggestions or any feedback on surprise expenses I might run into.
    " Autobots are an error I intend to correct"

Reformated Alternate Mode:
    Midnite Blue P5 ( 5-speed manual)
    Painted calipers
    Injen CAI
    Custom exhaust
    Tein lowering springs(finally installed)

A week or so!!!! I could tell they had , but it may be different for everyone!!!!
    "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

I got my alignment done a few days after I installed the springs.
      Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Originally posted by NegatiZE
        I got my alignment done a few days after I installed the springs.
        same ... i got it i think 3 days after, although now i cant balance/rotate/ and align my tires anymore cause no shop wants to touch my car ... it wont make it up half of the ramps of shops around here and if it can they say they wont align it cause its too low ... im really considering bags
        boost happy

Comment

I remember I lowered the car on a Friday and got an allignment done on the following Monday. That's suprising that alot of shops won't touch your car. I never have a problem getting allignments.

Comment

i want some rods too but i just dont think they would be stiff enough for the way i drive. hey i talke to that guy about them rods today and he told me he would look some up for the proto, and he quoted me a price of 700-1g,,,not bad really but i dont know if it would be worth it.
            According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

i had mine aligned a few days after getting the springs on too... however.. i still cant seem to get a good alignment. i have a bit of inner tire ware still, after three alignments in 2 years. i think its just me though, no one else seems to have this problem with their cars. 17"'s and h&r's
              -mike lucero
              1988 Mazda 323 GTX
              2001 Isuzu Rodeo

Comment

Originally posted by protetype
                i had mine aligned a few days after getting the springs on too... however.. i still cant seem to get a good alignment. i have a bit of inner tire ware still, after three alignments in 2 years. i think its just me though, no one else seems to have this problem with their cars. 17"'s and h&r's
                Actually, you may not be the only one. When I was checking my car out the day after it caught fire, I noticed the inner part of my driver's side front wheel seemed to be wearing pretty bad. I need to look at it a little more but judging from this picture, it doesn't look that great:
                Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Hmmm, I had mine done the day after, but I also drove all over town the day of the install, on particularly bumpy roads.

We'll see how it holds, but I'm sure it'll be fine. I might go back in a few weeks to get it re-done if I feel it necessary.

And, yes this is a hint as to what I did to my car recently, as in Wednesday...
                  "Hey look at me, I'm stupid as hell and can't even breath properly, little alone read!" - Master Shake
                  2001 Mazda Protege MP3, with Flyin' Protege Turbo Kit

www.triplezoom.com

Comment

wow my buddy ian says he can get me 1.4' front and 1.8" in back ebachi (parden my spelling ) springs for $400 is that a good price? or should i purchuse 1" springs off a mazda speed?

Comment

Originally posted by smoomz
                      wow my buddy ian says he can get me 1.4' front and 1.8" in back ebachi (parden my spelling ) springs for $400 is that a good price? or should i purchuse 1" springs off a mazda speed?
                      You can get them cheaper than that. You can get Tein springs for $156. Tein is a good quality brand.
                      " Autobots are an error I intend to correct"

Reformated Alternate Mode:
                      Midnite Blue P5 ( 5-speed manual)
                      Painted calipers
                      Injen CAI
                      Custom exhaust
                      Tein lowering springs(finally installed)

Comment

i got a set of eibachs for sale with 4k miles on em for 125 +shipping if you want ...

Comment

Originally posted by smoomz
                          your buddy is ripping you off. corksport is not even that expensive and we all know corksport aint cheap.
                          BLAZE RED 93 GS
                          2004 G35 Coupe w/Brembo package
                          MY 93 MR2 TURBO

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
                            I remember I lowered the car on a Friday and got an allignment done on the following Monday. That's suprising that alot of shops won't touch your car. I never have a problem getting allignments.
                            your car doesnt have problems getting up some lifts ??? thats weird cuz i cant make it up any of the ones at meineke or any place like that ... i dont know which one it is that they cant do for sure, alignment, rotation or balance, something about they cant fit the beam in my wheel well i dont know, i havent aligned or anything in a while and its pissing me off
                            boost happy

Comment

Originally posted by MIAprotege
                              your car doesnt have problems getting up some lifts ??? thats weird cuz i cant make it up any of the ones at meineke or any place like that ... i dont know which one it is that they cant do for sure, alignment, rotation or balance, something about they cant fit the beam in my wheel well i dont know, i havent aligned or anything in a while and its pissing me off
                              The place I always go to never causes any problems. I even went back with them the first time just to make sure it wouldn't scrape. If you get 18s you shouldn't have any more clearance problems. Putting 18s on raises the car up a little so that it sits slightly lower than stock.

Comment

Working...
                              X