Brand new here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brand new here

Hey I'm brand new here and thought I'd say hello. I love my '96 Protege but there is this almost grinding noise and weird smell (kinda like an old basement) that comes around when I start my car in the morning and when I get off the highway. Otherwise it is a great ride!!!

Welcome to our board. The noise you are hearing is your belts. With every season's change they seem to show the signs of wear (if they are really old). Either that, or your pulleys need to be adjusted.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Welcome to the board. I hope you enjoy looking around and mingeling with the crew...
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

ah welcome and enjoy it here
        1998 black protege, erebuni kit, 17in white eagle alloy rims, 5 percent tint all around, apex'i N1 exhaust, green street glow kit(gold series), Front And Rear Strut bars. JDM tail lights, clear corners. Katzkin interior(black & white). two 4-point evo harnesses, custom eye kids, Hid's, All custom two toned black and white interior...painted calipers and drums(black) HKS duel intake...Panasonic headunit..pioneer inside speakers..1100 watt splash amp..mtx box..two 12in kenwoon tornado subs..two 12in streetglow neaons under dash (green)PLANS FOR 07...2 toned paint job..2in drop erebuni lip spoiler and grill...Custom hood CF or fiber glass still thinking...and if eveything goes well Turbo..

Comment

Welcome to the club.
          2002 Blackmica P5
          CAI - MSP springs - Brembo cross-drilled rotors & KVR pads - Ground wires - Ignition wires - Silverstars - Eurolites - Pilot fogs - Toyo TPTs - Tint - Blue calipers & strut bar - Batsymbol in rear window

Comment

Working...
          X