JDM vs. USDM 1.5L engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM vs. USDM 1.5L engines

I just noticed these two on sale on eBay, and I noticed that intake manifolds are different. Does anyone know what else is different with JDM engine? Thanks.

JDM 1.5L engine:

USDM 1.5L engine:

And just for comparisson, USDM 1.8L engine:
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Originally posted by TheMAN
    top:
    B5-DE or B6-DE
    middle:
    Z5-DE
    Thanks, Edwin.

Comment

top:
      B5-DE or B6-DE
      middle:
      Z5-DE
      For the sake of discussion, If thats the B5, would it be the "same" as the B6 I mean like physically, with less displacement?? You it still have strong internals and all the other good **** that the b6 and BP have??
      Ryan The middle child is always ignored
      BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
      Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

the B6 is a "stroked" version of the B5... the engines look externally the same... those engines used in the japanese 2nd gen have VICS also

and NO, the port design is completely different between the B and Z engines, so you cannot just bolt on the intake manifold to the ****ty Z5
        Edwin, what about wiring and mounting of the B5? Is it easier to swap a B5 into Z5 engine, or a BP into Z5? Thanks.

Comment

I'd say that you'd be better off in the long run to go with the BP, but I'm not Edwin.
          Ryan The middle child is always ignored
          BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
          Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

the B5/B6 uses the same mounts as the Z5... but why?

trying to cutting corners just to get an "easy" engine swap? installing the BP is just as hard
            "Easy," eh? I guess you are right. I am just going to drive my Z5 to the ground like it was ment to. It is unfortunate that I would not have the time nor funding to get a BP engine and all the right components to do the swap. But if I get a good job this summer, the swap might happen. I didn't just waste 5 years in school to make sh*t for living. Thanks for suggestions, guys.

Comment

is there ANYTHING from any of those motors that would POSSIBLY fit on the Z5?

like, is the Z5 THAT hopeless?

Comment

Originally posted by pigeon
                is there ANYTHING from any of those motors that would POSSIBLY fit on the Z5?

like, is the Z5 THAT hopeless?
                You said, its HOPELESS. Absolutely nothing.

Comment

thats just gay
                  why did i have to end up with the outcast or motors

Comment

btw: is the bp engine mounts the same as the z5 mounts ??

was thinking to do a swap in my 323f BA

Comment

how how about keeping the Z5 and the **** F25-MR tranny
                      Can i utilize the mazda speed mounts, just because i want better mounts? (and one of mine are broken)

Comment

that first engine in the photo isn't B5.

B5/B6/BP uses a 4 screw pattern each side of the valve cover.

Z5 and ZM uses 3 screw pattern each side of the valve cover.

Comment

ok so wtf..i thought this thread was about the usdm z5 and the jdm z5 not swapping bps into your car or the difference between a b5 and a b6

Plans for the car: fix alignment, 16" rims (maybe), fix front end, fix trunk, new shocks, etc.

Comment

good job bumping this 4 YEAR OLD THREAD!
                            Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
                            kitty, you are a hilarious woman
                            Originally posted by HopelessCow
                            there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
                            Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

i didn't even notice that..but still foreal though. is there any major if not any difference in parts at all?

Plans for the car: fix alignment, 16" rims (maybe), fix front end, fix trunk, new shocks, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X