my tranny died, again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my tranny died, again

well its official, my second trannsmission died today at 98k miles. 5th gear is no where to be found, but atleast the other gears for fine. Luckly i found a shop that has a new tranny with 1 mile on it for 400 bucks. they said the car got damaged during shipping so mazda totaled it and they picked up alot of parts. My friend and I are going to do the change this weekend. he has changed about a dozen integra tranny's so i figured it he shouldn't have too much of a problem with it. Any tips or tricks i need to know about this job?
    '02 classic red p5
    currently enrolled in AA.

dude do you beat the ever-living **** out of your car or what???
    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
    225.94wtq
    torque monster!!!!
    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

nope, i drive about 100 miles to work and back everyday, i don't grind gears or ride the clutch. I think something was faulty inside the tranny to begin with, and when they rebuild it the last time, they didn't replace everything, just the parts that appeared to be broke, so i'm thinking there might have been something still defective in there.
      '02 classic red p5

Comment

so its not under warranty??? cause that sux.
        .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
        225.94wtq
        torque monster!!!!
        dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
        http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
        http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

dude, talk about bad luck that sucks. should have gotten a 1.6L no problems yet, and i've got 95k on it

Comment

its yours, i'll contact you later about getting it.
            is there a difference between the 02 and 02.5 tranny, b/c if i had a 02.5, they wanted a 100 bucks more. the guy didn't know anything other than what the computer said.
            '02 classic red p5

Comment

is that what is causing my trannys to go out, b/c my last tranny, b/c third gear was the first gear to mess up.
              '02 classic red p5

Comment

well i'm pissed off again, i couldn't go get my tranny b/c i had to work so my mom went and got it. she told them i talked to such and such and gave them the info about my car, and they gave her a used, not new, 01 sedan a/t. not a new 02 hatch m/t. they are closed all weekend, which was the only time i had to install it. when they gave it to my mom she told them it was a 02 and they didn't pay her much attention. F'ing idiots.
                '02 classic red p5

Comment

well i get the old one dropped out today, 6 hrs later and 2 trips to autozone to get more tools. Its actually pretty easy when you actually get the proper tools. the breaker bar helped alot. but now i ran into a problem. one nut holding the driver side mount on the tranny started to strip. i used deep metric impact sockets with the breaker bar and it just started to strip, if worse comes to worse, i can just break it off, but i don't know how to do that, would heating it up with a torch help?
                  '02 classic red p5

Comment

well they had to shipped the manual tranny from san antonio, so it will be here in the morning, anyways, how to do i bleed the clutch system. i've tried opening the bleeder value and pumping the clutch but nothing ever happened, other than the clutch just went to the floor. also on the 2.0 there is no clutch reserve is there, it just shares the same as the breaks? do i pump the breaks to bleed the clutch?
                    '02 classic red p5

Comment

changing a manual tranny is pretty easy, now that ;ve done it, i could probably do the entire job in 6 hrs.
                      '02 classic red p5

Comment

Glad to see it worked out for you, Goodluck

Comment

NIce, I wish I had those kind of mechanical skills man. You got pretty good luck getting a new tranny like that with one mile. My 1.6 has no problems at all and it has about 94,000 miles on it. ITs an auto though
                          My OLD Car

Comment

How do you guys get 90 plus thousand on 3rd gens gesh, I drive my 93 alot and ive only pulled 102k

Comment

lol, well when I got my car it had about 80,000 on it. My step sister put all 80,000 when she had it for about three
                              My OLD Car

Comment

Working...
                              X