mods for driving a lot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mods for driving a lot

I'm going to start a new job next week that will have me driving all up and down SoCal about 3 or 4 days a week. I want to do some upgrades/mods that will help keep the engine and everything running good after putting a LOT of miles on it. So far I've only thought of a performance radiator to keep it running cooler, around $500. What else should I consider???

i drive 120 miles a day and dont need anything, i get about 3 days w/o needing gas and temp is fine.
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Just make sure you keep up with your fluid changes with all those miles. Switching to Mobil one maybe a worthwhile thing.
      2003 Protege5
      Midnight Blue MTX
      2002 Protege LX
      Black Mica MTX

Comment

definitely synthetic swap...dont know the specs on the conditions to switch to synthetic though...i had my dealer start my car off with synthetic.
        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

automatic or manual?
          If your running an automatic look into having a shift kit installed in your transmission (will significantly lower the temperature within your tranny thus causing it to last significantly longer)
          Visit My Garage

Comment

Hi Octane

Hey... I also do a lot of driving and yes definately the best thing for the car would be a higher quality engine oil, however oil coolers and radiators will not make much difference if any unless your car is overheating....

the best thing i can think of is using a higher octane fuel, where i live in australia a couple of companies provide 98 octane fuel which is not only better for your engine but will also give you a few extra kilometres/miles to a tank as the fuel is denser.

hope i could be of help!!

Pioneer 7650 HU
            2x Pioneer 10" subs
            Pioneer 2 way 5x7's
            Pioneer 3 way 6"
            Pioneer 4 x 100 WRMS amp
            Pioneer 2 x 100 WRMS amp

Comment

thanks for the responses, yeah since my first oil change I have switched to mobile 1 full synthetic and at my 15k maintenance I am switching all my fluids to synthetic, sounds like the radiator won't do much, so that'll save me $500 and my car is manual also

Comment

an oil cooler such as this one http://www.modacar.com/products/Mazda/Protege/MODAOICO ?

or maybe the B&M "universal" oil cooler? what's involved in the installation?

Comment

Originally posted by nai8o5
                  what's involved in the installation?
                  By courtesy of TheMAN:
                  Last edited by Marc93lx; 02-06-2004, 02:56 AM.
                  2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

lol, looks like i'll be paying someone to install this one, thanks!

Comment

hehe amateur

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by fuq_A_vtec
                        hehe amateur

Comment

Working...
                        X