Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darn the cold weather...Whats your opinion on pinstripes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darn the cold weather...Whats your opinion on pinstripes?

Well, mommy got stuck in the mud, car got really dirty. its like 30 degrees here, we pressure washed the mud off, pin stripes started coming off. now i have like 6 inches of missng pinstripe.

What is your opinion on the stock pinstripes?

Should I buy pinstripe and repair the missing areas, or should I just take them off?

Would anyone happen to have pics of a red protege stock body w/o pinstripes?

Take them off
    Thats my opinion.
    If you want to "fix" them, go to pep boys or auto zone, they've probably got that kind of stuff there.
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Personally, I like the factory pinstripes. I have white ones on my harbor blue protege and it adds a nice touch. My dad has a white 91 LX without strips and it looks like something is missing. I guess it depends on the color of the car and if there is anything done to it to compliment it.
      1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
      MODS:
      GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
      TO DO LIST:
      EDM/JDM rear bumper
      EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
      Repaint car

Comment

yea, i think itll; look good....she doesnt think it will

Ne1 got a pic of a stock bodied pro witout the stripes?

Comment

Re-do the wash job, hopefully it will finish the stripes off! I don't like stripes!
          Current-'08 MZ3 Hatch auto, '04 MZ3 Hatch 5-spd, '03 Pro-Lx 5 spd,
          '56 VW Cal Ragtop
          www.cardomain.com/ride/2285117/1

Comment

side
            Attached Files

Comment

side shot...sorry about the dirtyness
              Attached Files

Comment

If you do decide to take them off, they will peel off if you hold a hair dryer close to them.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
                Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
                I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

Here's Mine
                  Attached Files
                  1991 Protege DX 5- Speed.Tilt Wheel Cone filter with adapter. Red with Black interior
                  1989 Mustang lx 5.0 vert Blue with white leather interior,pulleys and fender mount cold air kit FOR SALE

Comment

yeah, key tip.. hair dryer.. NOT A HEAT GUN . they can be pulled off by a finger nail as well, but due to the car's age, once you pull off all the pinstripping, get some rubbing compound to clean up the paint so you don't have discolored stripes going down the side of your car.
                    peace

Comment

Originally posted by demoninvictus
                      yeah, key tip.. hair dryer.. NOT A HEAT GUN .
                      Hmm...maybe I should have specified that. Heat gun=baaddd.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
                      Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
                      I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

Ha, i dont even OWN a heat gun.

Yes, 91protegedx, ur car looks JUST like mine, and well, it looks good without the stripes

Comment

moved to proper forum
                          93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                          02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                          05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

my bad bro

Comment

Yes, 91protegedx, ur car looks JUST like mine, and well, it looks good without the stripes[/QUOTE]
                              Yea I kinda like it that way. I dont even rem if it had stripes originally or not. It was painted right before I got it. My Dad bought it new and I hadnt seen it in a few yrs before I got it. He got a New P5 and I had blew up my toyota and the Mustang just isnt a good daily driver. So he sold it to me.
                              1991 Protege DX 5- Speed.Tilt Wheel Cone filter with adapter. Red with Black interior
                              1989 Mustang lx 5.0 vert Blue with white leather interior,pulleys and fender mount cold air kit FOR SALE

Comment

Working...
                              X