2 questions. clutch bleeding problem, and SAFC help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 questions. clutch bleeding problem, and SAFC help

ok question number one. im in the middle of converting my clutch to a hydro line instead of cable. i got the pedal and everything working with the master cylinder. i hooked up a temporary line to the slave cylinder, filled the reservoir, and started pumping my pedal. i pumped at least a 100 times, and its still not building pressure. im stumped. can anyone help? the master cylinder and slave cylinder are brand new.

question number 2. im thinking of purchasing an SAFC 1 for my car. how hard are they to wire into a stock KL ECU? is it even possible with my setup?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

by the way, i did do research on the SAFC question already, i just wanted to see you guy's opinions. ive seen that its pointless, and ive seen it can be essential.

Comment

You have to bleed the clutch hydrolics.. start by trying to gravity bleed it.. afterwards you can have a friend help you with pumping the peddle and holding it down while you crack the bleeder..

Comment

That's what I was trying to do. Just build enough pressure then open the blender valve. It wouldnt even do that.

Comment

thats manual bleeding.pump it once and just open the bleeder on the slave and let it sit for a while. Keep an eye on the fluid, make sure it doesn't get too low. then try to manual bleed it. Or if you can get access to a vacuum bleeder I would. Thats how I did mine from dry and it worked great.
          -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
          VF10 powered!
          262 Whp & 257 Wtq
          13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

i figured it out. i had to bench bleed it out of the car first, then put it in. it feels so good! ill have to put up some pictures in my worklog later.

Comment

sweet glad you got it all figured out
              91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

Thanks.

Can anyone shed some input on the safc capability?

Comment

Working...
                X