Transparent LCD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transparent LCD

I saw once in some tech magazine something about a type of LCD display that was transparent when turned off and opaque when you turn it on. This sounds really cool and I want to use it for a project, but I have no idea where to find it. Does anyone know anything about this?

isnt that what they use in LCD projectors.... transparent LCD's and then the light changes colors from the pixels on teh screen and htats why the image is so good on them...

Comment

I hadn't thought about those, it's close but not exactly what I was thinking of. The one I saw actually turned opaque and you couldn't see anything through it. But the projector ones are definitely the next best thing.

Comment

thats friggin awesome.
        My OLD Car

Comment

I'm hoping to put a screen like that in my extra DIN slot, with a Mazda logo (probably from the back of the car) behind it on plexiglass, and a touchscreen panel in front of it. When the screen is turned off, you can see the Mazda logo lit blue from behind. When you touch the panel, it fades into navigation and mp3 player controls. Then somewhere on the panel is a power button and when you touch that, it fades back out and shows the Mazda logo again.

Comment

Working...
          X