build thread for the NINJA!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

build thread for the NINJA!!!

ok a long time ago i bought this 323 for the motor and trans to put in my festiva... the plan was to later put a bpt in it... but i later switched things around, so im putting a bpt in my festiva and putting the b6t back in the 323 lol....

i named it ninja cause im going for a "sleeper" look... its kind of like a ninja, its stelthy, fast, and you never know when its gonna attack! and its from japan lol...

a few hours after buying it (the hood is up, i know... i was just looking under it then took the pics lol..)

when i first got it, it was very dirty under the hood.... dust and dirt everywhere but i didnt care, i was gonna pull the motor and put it in my festiva...

it had some stuff done to it when i got it... hks filter, catless DP back 2.25 inch exhaust, chipped ecu, boost controller, hks boost gauge, UR under drive pully, and a center force clutch... and it was a blast to drive
    here is a sound clip of it...

but then i pulled out the motor...

but i cleaned it up good

and i put it in to my festiva.... but then i ran in to a wiring problem and gave up... i later put a bp in it and now the b6t is going back in the 323

so that brings us up to a few days ago.... in the last few days i have been cleaning the engine bay and the new trans and axles...

in the shop, ready for all the work...

engine bay, MUCH better :D

the engine, the red parts are comming off and getting painted...

the new trans after a good pressure washing...

the centerforce clutch...

and to get a bit cooler air to the motor, im think of using this (VC for size ref...)

buti dont know if i can make it fit lol... if i do it will be VERY tight lol... if i cant make it fit ill put this one in...

i have lots of work to do on this car and i will be updating the when i can...

stay tuned

Comment

That underdrive pulley will kill your oil pump.
      1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

that 323 looks to be in pretty good shape. motor is going to look good in there. you should clean up and paint the engine bay since the motor is out
        91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

Originally posted by Henchman View Post
          That underdrive pulley will kill your oil pump.
          some how i knew someone what gonna say that.... it has been fine for a long time... and i pulled the oil pump apart and i didnt see anything signs of damage.... and i think you only have to worry about them once you get above about 200ish hp with these motors....

Originally posted by progt91 View Post
          that 323 looks to be in pretty good shape. motor is going to look good in there. you should clean up and paint the engine bay since the motor is out
          thanks i have been thinking about painting the engine bay... not to sure if i will...

Comment

ok motor is in... and alot of things are hooked up, just a few left to go when putting the shifter on the trans i had it drop thru the floor!!! i did the old bolt thru the 2 pieces and WOW feels like a new shifter lol cant wait till i get a short shifter in it... for now im just gonna run it with the factory intercooler and when i find a good one and plan all my piping im gonna order everything i need for this car and my festiva, send it all in one box so its cheaper on shipping :D 2 intercoolers and ALL the piping for them, and maybe a civic half rad for the festiva, and maybe even one for the 323 and i think im gonna do a vj11 turbo upgrade to it and maybe a t-bird cold side....

pics comming soon...

stay tuned

Comment

pics

motor in.

got the trans a bit cleaner...

also put in a old coil that has a bit more power than the old one still gotta drill the 2nd hole for the screw lol..

im also in the middle of making a gauge pod for it.... that should be done tomorrow, but i still am waiting for my gauges to come in to the store... i got water temp today and i have a old autometer egt, im later getting oil pressure and boost, then later when i get enough money a wideband... ya thats 5 gauges lol.... they are going in the middle of the dash, and the plate that they are being mounted to sort of covers the hole in the dash lol...

Comment

nice build up man looks good,but i noticed one thing lol i would put those timing belt covers back on,i learned the hard way about this lol on a 300zx, so a set of heads and new gaskets later...........lol just takes 1 pebble and ka-slip grrrrr grrr sblang.....): but looks good keep it coming!! and yes b6t's are non interference.
                Last edited by turbospoolin; 04-01-2011, 07:39 AM.
                schmlick blang

Comment

B6 engines are non interference. YMMV with belt covers, I have been running the last 40k miles without them
                  1991 Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT AWD Bastardization/conversion
                  1991 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo AWD

Creator of the B6T Rocketchip
                  www.werbatfik.com

Comment

i forgot all about this thread... i got the car running MINT and it passed aircare very well :D the car is not for sale if anyone is interested in buying it...

Comment

nice build thread man

Comment

Working...
                      X