1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
    2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
    1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Snug as a bug in a rug.

Happy Storaging!
    02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
    MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
    MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
    Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
    MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
    Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
    Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
    Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
    Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
    Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
    Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
    Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
    Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

How long is the road before the AWD is driveable? I think winter would be a great time for it

Comment

Dang I want my AWD pro right now!!
        2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
        1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
          How long is the road before the AWD is driveable? I think winter would be a great time for it
          I tried to start it already but no joy. I kind of dropped it at that point and focused more on getting it stored. Once it's in the garage, I can trouble shoot it at my leisure. I'd like to get it running this winter for sure. I just don't know if it'll happen. For now, I have holidays and B-Days to think about. I'm working on it still, it's just harder to find the time.

I'm hoping to be able to upgrade the rear diff and the suspension while it's in the garage. That floor is creeper friendly for under car work. That's where the exhaust is going to happen too I think. It'll be way more comfortable.

It might be a day or two but I'll have it in there soon. The Mrs. is going to be driving the Pro while I power it with the Ford. It's tricky but very doable.
          Last edited by 1st Gen; 11-14-2010, 04:03 PM.
          1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD

Comment

Originally posted by 1st Gen View Post
            I tried to start it already but no joy. I kind of dropped it at that point and focused more on getting it stored. Once it's in the garage, I can trouble shoot it at my leisure. I'd like to get it running this winter for sure. I just don't know if it'll happen. For now, I have holidays and B-Days to think about. I'm working on it still, it's just harder to find the time.

I'm hoping to be able to upgrade the rear diff and the suspension while it's in the garage. That floor is creeper friendly for under car work. That's where the exhaust is going to happen too I think. It'll be way more comfortable.

It might be a day or two but I'll have it in there soon. The Mrs. is going to be driving the Pro while I power it with the Ford. It's tricky but very doable.
            whats wrong with it?
            5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

I'm not really done with the sensors and such. Still, it could have started.

I also hacked up the harness pretty good so I'm sure there's possibility of error there.

I also found out the radiator leaks in at least two places so it's not holding coolant at all. Of course that wouldn't cause it to not start but it's still a problem.

I don't think it's anything serious, but it will take time to trouble shoot and I just spent a ton o time pushing and pulling on all those new hoses I had to put on there. Changing direction for a little while is helping me in a few ways.
              Last edited by 1st Gen; 11-16-2010, 08:32 PM.

Comment

As usual, the act was easier than the stress about doing it.
                Attached Files

Comment

I just got my 4wd running after having it in my garage for about 2 years i think so i know howit feels

Comment

The wheel of fate plays heavy in my plans but I'm shooting for road worthy in 10 weeks. It should be at least running far sooner.
                    Last edited by 1st Gen; 11-17-2010, 11:40 AM.

Comment

i'm gonna come steal some body panels from you!! 1st AWD ive seen thats the same color as mine.

I have all kinda extra random parts leftover from my BG. what do you need to get yours back on the road?

Comment

I need time and money mostly. Lol, with the exception of the exhaust and the leaking radiator, I'm pretty well set. I'm going to upgrade the suspension at some point but it's not the highest priority right now. I think it should start just fine when I get the new Walbro fuel pump in there.

I didn't turn it over for very long when I tried to start it the first time. After sitting for years, I'm sure there are other fuel issues that need to be worked through.

I don't really need anything right now. I'll need seat belt buckles eventually, and a head liner, but those are kind of down on the list too. I'll have to replace the windshield at some point. The car isn't new and I'm not trying to make it that way. I do want it to drive well though. Thanks for the offer
                        Last edited by 1st Gen; 11-18-2010, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X