4wd fuel filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4wd fuel filter

What's the difference from the FWD filter? Figure if i can get a FWD one that is readily available to work on the car why not get that one. And for some reason my local parts store quoted me $40 for a fuel filter, holy!!

Thanks boys
    '90 Miata
    '90 Miata
    Taco
    '90 BG 4WD base- sold..

I noticed that when I changed the filter on mine, I had a heck of a time getting the fuel lines to line up. As it turns out, the hard line that comes from the tanks comes out at a different spot than on a FWD. My solution was to use enough fuel hose to prevent a kink. I didn't ever see the OEM filter so I have no idea what that one looked like.
    1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
    1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
    2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
    1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Comment

40 bucks?? I just checked here at work, I sell a Wix filter for 14 dollars and a Beck/Arnley for 12, a couple other brands here but they are the same as the FWD so not what you're looking for. I gots part numbers if you need.
      -'91 Festiva L
      -'91 Pro AWD New Project

Comment

I got the $14 Wix.

It looks slightly bigger than a 2wd one. Maybe an upgrade?
        1990 Protege 4WD
        GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
        ├┼┤
        2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

I got a fram for 30 my cost
          '90 Miata
          '90 Miata
          Taco
          '90 BG 4WD base- sold..

Comment

Working...