Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Coolant/Air routing question.

Hello,

I just want to double check something really quick. Underneath the throttle body there's two nipples. One goes towards the passenger side and one towards the drivers side of the car. Right now on my GTX the one going towards the drivers side goes into the head and runs coolant while the one facing the passenger side has nothing connected to it. Looking at the FSM I think this isn't correct, and knowing the previous owner it's always a good idea to double check any work he did on the car.

Can anyone tell me where these ports should go to?

Thanks!!

Nik

The inlet / outlet ports under the TB is for coolant.

Passenger's side: comes from the BAC/ISC valve to TB
    Driver's side: Exits TB and connects to the metal, coolant bypass pipe, which routes back around the block, to the pump inlet.

Since I live in somewhat warmer climes, I have bypassed the TB altogether, and the hose is a straight shot from the ISC/BAC valve to the bypass pipe.

If it were me: I'd grab the FSM and locate every hose to make sure it is routed properly, but that's just me because I don't trust other humans. It would also be a good time to find out if any of the little hoses coming off the bypass pipe, or behind the block, are swollen or brittle. In my case: I found two damaged hoses that could have ruined a perfectly good engine.

Comment

Originally posted by BFMRGTX View Post
      The inlet / outlet ports under the TB is for coolant.

Passenger's side: comes from the BAC/ISC valve to TB
      Driver's side: Exits TB and connects to the metal, coolant bypass pipe, which routes back around the block, to the pump inlet.

Since I live in somewhat warmer climes, I have bypassed the TB altogether, and the hose is a straight shot from the ISC/BAC valve to the bypass pipe.

If it were me: I'd grab the FSM and locate every hose to make sure it is routed properly, but that's just me because I don't trust other humans. It would also be a good time to find out if any of the little hoses coming off the bypass pipe, or behind the block, are swollen or brittle. In my case: I found two damaged hoses that could have ruined a perfectly good engine.
      Thanks, That's good to know. I do have a FSM and was looking over it when I noticed something was off.

Comment

Working...
      X