safc on a b6t?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

safc on a b6t?

hey i have a quick question... i know they work fine on the bp's but will a safc work with the b6t? for some reason i remember them having a diffrent signal voltage (not 0-5v... more like 3-9v or sothing stupid like that...) am i right or will it work fine? i found a good deal on a AFC NEO close to me, thinking about picking it up

Your right it wont work.
    12 cbr250r: daily ride
    01 saab 9-3: daily
    98 gsxr 1100: for sale
    93L: money pit/ space waster
    92GL: low and slow beater
    90?: the rust free shell
    89LX: swapping to rust free shell
    89L: for sale
    89L: parts
    87 conquest: dohc 4g64 swap underway
    76+80 vw dashers: for sale

Comment

cause its from 2-9v (or somthing like that) will it still work in the 2-5v range? or it just wont work at all? cause i have seen a gtx with one in it... i didnt get to ask the guy anything cause i couldnt find him in the pits at the track.... very nice gtx, all stainless steel intercooler pipes, nice black paint (or some dark color, cant remember 100%) it was parked in the pits at mission raceway park last year...

Comment

Yeah its the weird voltage scale. Did the gtx have a bp swap?
        12 cbr250r: daily ride
        01 saab 9-3: daily
        98 gsxr 1100: for sale
        93L: money pit/ space waster
        92GL: low and slow beater
        90?: the rust free shell
        89LX: swapping to rust free shell
        89L: for sale
        89L: parts
        87 conquest: dohc 4g64 swap underway
        76+80 vw dashers: for sale

Comment

Originally posted by shorestiva View Post
          Yeah its the weird voltage scale. Did the gtx have a bp swap?
          nope.... b6t all the way, i even looked at the vaf and it was a "D" code....

is there a safc or anything like it that will work on a b6t to adjust the AFR's? the only thing im thinking of is a piggy back...
          Last edited by b6t power; 12-03-2010, 01:33 AM.

Comment

No piggyback like the SAFC will work due to the weird voltage scale, none that I know of anyways. There is the HK$ F-Con if you can find one.

What are you trying to accomplish? I do offer upgraded chips for the B6T, or are you looking for something for a crazy b6t build?
            1991 Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT AWD Bastardization/conversion
            1991 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo AWD

Creator of the B6T Rocketchip
            www.werbatfik.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
              No piggyback like the SAFC will work due to the weird voltage scale, none that I know of anyways. There is the HK$ F-Con if you can find one.

What are you trying to accomplish? I do offer upgraded chips for the B6T, or are you looking for something for a crazy b6t build?

i have one of those f-con things... dosnt do anythging but hit boost cut above 8psi or somthing like that... (my old boost gauge was in bar and i cant remember what it said it cut at...) i had to take that out to run 15 psi on my reich chipped ecu... lost a bit of low end power it felt like when i took it out...

when i get the wideband in the car ill see what the afr's are like, if they are good then ill leave it alone but im sure with all the mods the car has/will have dont to it the afr's will be a bit off... im just seeing what i can do to adjust them if i need to...

Comment

im having the same problem... ive been told the ostrich 2.0 will work on th b6t ECU. you just need your ecu socketed...
                i know its a piece of crap... but im still faster...

Comment

The F-Con is a piggyback computer. It'll stretch the fuel maps (externally) to be able to run 16psi.
                  The Reich / EL Proto / Rocketchip modify the data inside the computer itself, to run 16psi. They all pretty much do the same thing.

Do either of you run wideband at the moment? If you have an fcon or a chip you really won't be running lean unless you have a turbo in the ~350+ CFM range. The VAF on our cars really helps to keep the ECU on top of what's going on. I have run wideband on my car for several years, many different setups - and even when really pushing it with larger turbo's I still didnt lean out. YMMV though.

The Ostrich is a tuning instrument, and will work with nearly any ECU that has a 28 pin ROM - but you need to know what you're modifying in the code to make changes. It is not anything like a SAFC. Here's what you'll be working with:

-Rocketman

www.werbatfik.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                    The F-Con is a piggyback computer. It'll stretch the fuel maps (externally) to be able to run 16psi.
                    The Reich / EL Proto / Rocketchip modify the data inside the computer itself, to run 16psi. They all pretty much do the same thing.

Do either of you run wideband at the moment? If you have an fcon or a chip you really won't be running lean unless you have a turbo in the ~350+ CFM range. The VAF on our cars really helps to keep the ECU on top of what's going on. I have run wideband on my car for several years, many different setups - and even when really pushing it with larger turbo's I still didnt lean out. YMMV though.

The Ostrich is a tuning instrument, and will work with nearly any ECU that has a 28 pin ROM - but you need to know what you're modifying in the code to make changes. It is not anything like a SAFC. Here's what you'll be working with:

-Rocketman
                    so no one has used a code b VAF on a B6T? will work?
                    94 lx, custom manifold Mitsubishi 16g (EVO III) turbo, XTD stage 3 clutch kit, strut bar, and 3 inches exhaust free flow. Natural aspired Head and Block, RX7 N/A 440 cc injectors, GTX intake manifold, MS2 V3 (stratifiedauto) , SX Fuel pressure regulator, Front mount intercooler, TD05 16g turbo

Comment

It's the ECU that provides the voltage scale, not the VAF. The VAF is just a variable resistor that divides it

www.werbatfik.com

Comment

What tuning options do we have? Just full stand alone? I have riech racing ecu but I want to be able to tune it how I want

Comment

Working...
                        X