Clutch options...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch options...

I need to change the clutch on the Rally car (gtx engine and transmission) but can't seem to find something on any web site.

I've also heard that you can use miata's 1.8 clutch as long as you use a miata 1.8 flywheel???

So thats is looking for a good reason to buy a lightweight flywheel or just a cheap reliable and not to hard core clutch. I rather go through clutches than transmissions!

Thanks for the help!

And BTW the winner of the Québec rally-x championship this year were: in Open Class and in 4wd me (protege 1990) and in the general championship, a friend of mine with a 89 gtx...

Pretty fun to beat 300hp Subarus and with a 90's rust bucket!
    sigpicYEAH!!!!

If you use a miata flywheel, you can use a '93 MX6 clutch.

Congrats on the finish. I hope to at least give it a shot this year!
    '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
    '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

SPEC offers clutches for the 4wd Protege, I've got one of the Stage 2+ going into my Pro.
      -'91 Festiva L
      -'91 Pro AWD New Project

Comment

Originally posted by teqnyck View Post
        SPEC offers clutches for the 4wd Protege, I've got one of the Stage 2+ going into my Pro.
        Yeah but its 500$!!!!
        sigpicYEAH!!!!

Comment

Would the SOHC kit fit ?
          sigpicYEAH!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JFmb View Post
            Yeah but its 500$!!!!
            I go way back with SPEC, I was one of the top sellers of their parts when I was with so and so auto parts. I got my clutch kit, the lightweight flywheel, and the clutch lightening option for 700.
            -'91 Festiva L
            -'91 Pro AWD New Project

Comment

no, different tooth count.

If you want, I have a miata flywheel and a BULLY stage 2+ clutch, Carbon-kevlar full face, very smooth, good for 320 hp, but not strong enough for me. Did 1K km on it, cranked up the boost and parked the car, wouldn't hold the power (it held 17 psi on a VJ23 without issues though).

PM me if interested

Comment

What about a complete miata or MX6 kit?

this is dirty cheap and seems interesting...
                sigpicYEAH!!!!

Comment

I had one of the F1 brand clutches in my Mx3, it held the klze power for 600 miles then started to slip. I wouldn't recommend it if your planning on putting down any real power.
                  -'91 Festiva L
                  -'91 Pro AWD New Project

Comment

These things are cheap for a reason

Miata kit can work with a miata flywheel, need a different TO bearing.
                    KL kit can work with a miata flywheel again, need different TO bearing.

Comment

Working...
                    X