remote start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

remote start?

I'm looking to get my mother a remote start system for her car.

preferably one with door/trunk lock actuators, and a timer that can be set to start and run the car for a period of time overnight, to keep it warm and defrosted.

anybody have any systems they'd recommend?

--sarge

I've had their alarm/remote and it worked without issues for several years:

InstallerNet is an installation provider that is positioned as a leader of the installation ecosystem, that helps manufacturers and service providers overcome their barriers-to-entry in bringing new products and services to market. InstallerNet provides nationwide installation services on IoT (Internet of Things) products within the automobile aftermarket, consumer electronics, smart home monitoring, energy management, large fleet, cellular and insurance telematics industries. We the leader in vehicle information services which includes vehicle fit guides, vehicle OBD locators, vehicle technical guides, dealer locators and dealer technical support.

It mat be a little on the tech-y side though.

Comment

I called around, and the local tint/audio/alarm shop recommended the Viper 5101. Has a thermostat feature, so say it gets to zero degrees, it turns the car on, and runs for 12 minutes (or whetever the interval is set at) every three hours until the temperature is higher than that.

I like that autopage unit, but I think I might just have this installed by the shop just because it's cold and dark when I have the time to work on the car. I can get the unit online way cheaper than they can, I wonder if they'd just do the install if I buy the unit...

--sarge

Comment

The autopage unit also has a thermostat setting. I used it to check the temperature when I was inside

Any installed should be able to install either.

I would be careful with automatic starters based on a sensor like that ... you never know when the sensor breaks ...

Comment

Yeah, i hear ya there. what I'd prefer is a time-setting, rather than a temp setting. So it could be set at 2:00 am to turn on each following hour for 10 minutes, for five hours, or similar.

Comment

or just move down South

The pursuit I have had on my P5 for years has been good to me. It offers a preset start once an hour mode but it seems kinda basic compared to the systems previously mentioned.
            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

I'd recommend a 2-way Compustar Pro by FirstTech.

It has all the features you are looking for and then some. The 2-way remote is packed with all the bells and whistles, in an easy to use package, and it comes with an additional 1-way remote as backup. I've had very positive feedback from my customers and installers with these systems, in terms of usability and reliability.

Comment

what's the difference between a "2-way" and "one-way" remote?

Comment

Working...
                X