323 gt running :) but bad... :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

323 gt running :) but bad... :(

hey i just got my 323 running last night but its not running right...

im thinking its the coolant temp sensor thats the problem... i think its going in to a safe mode and wont let it rev past 3500 and is retarding the timing... is that what the little yellow wire goes to is water temp sensor under the dist?

any other ideas?

here is a vid of what its doing and some more info too...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The little yellow wire should be for your temp gauge. At least it is on a stiva iirc.
    12 cbr250r: daily ride
    01 saab 9-3: daily
    98 gsxr 1100: for sale
    93L: money pit/ space waster
    92GL: low and slow beater
    90?: the rust free shell
    89LX: swapping to rust free shell
    89L: for sale
    89L: parts
    87 conquest: dohc 4g64 swap underway
    76+80 vw dashers: for sale

Comment

are the festiva and 323 temp sensors the same? i cant remember if i switched them back and forth when i was doing motor swaps...

Comment

Think so I havent had a problem with them.
        12 cbr250r: daily ride
        01 saab 9-3: daily
        98 gsxr 1100: for sale
        93L: money pit/ space waster
        92GL: low and slow beater
        90?: the rust free shell
        89LX: swapping to rust free shell
        89L: for sale
        89L: parts
        87 conquest: dohc 4g64 swap underway
        76+80 vw dashers: for sale

Comment

Yellow wire is sensor for the gauge....does not affect the timing or any ECU functions. The wire for the thermo sensor is Green/Red IIRC. If the thermo sensor or the wire is messed up it will cause the car to run horribly. I just fixed this problem on mine. Mine would rev just fine, but it was running very rich and way down on power.

Comment

Originally posted by XelderX View Post
            Yellow wire is sensor for the gauge....does not affect the timing or any ECU functions. The wire for the thermo sensor is Green/Red IIRC. If the thermo sensor or the wire is messed up it will cause the car to run horribly. I just fixed this problem on mine. Mine would rev just fine, but it was running very rich and way down on power.
            are you talking about the one under the intake manifold, looks like a injector plug but green?

Comment

Originally posted by b6t power View Post
              are you talking about the one under the intake manifold, looks like a injector plug but green?
              The thermo sensor in the one on the driver's side of the head...mounted on the cover for the thermostat. I haven't opened the hood on my BG lately to see what the connector looks like.

Comment

I believe its a single spade connector.

Comment

that one is to controll the fan is it not?

i found out that the water temp sensor under the intake manifold was buggerd... put in a festiva one but its still doing the same thing...

Comment

Oh yeah your right. The one on the thermostat is for the fan.

Comment

do you think it could be the old gas in the tank? its a little over a year old...

Comment

Originally posted by b6t power View Post
                        that one is to controll the fan is it not?

i found out that the water temp sensor under the intake manifold was buggerd... put in a festiva one but its still doing the same thing...
                        Yes, sorry for my post. It has been several months since I opened the hood on my BG. It's been stored in a corner of the garage where I couldn't get to the front of it. I thought the coolant sensor arrangement on it was like my BF. I forgot about the 2 wire one on the side of the head.

Comment

Working...
                        X