Downforce wing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downforce wing

Ok does anyone have the downforce o a similar wing like on the EVO, if so can i get some pics pls i just wanna know what it looks like. thx

Originally posted by TheMAN
    and why do you need it?
    just wanted to see what it looks like to see if i want one.

Comment

why would you want one tho? i mean a wing...they do nothing for you besides looks and add weight onto the back

2000 White Protege LX
      Sumitomo 195/60HR14
      2 x Polk DB570 (5"x7")
      Kenwood KDC-MP522 Head Unit
      Kenwood KAC-7251 (800 W) Amp
      Audiobahn AWC10T x 2 Subs
      Kenwood Music Keg
      Black Widow Keyless Entry
      Intake- Custom SRI
      Clear Corner Lights
      APC Clear Tail Lights

Comment

whats wrong with looks? i thought the whole point to modding a protege is to make it more fun to drive and better to look at? not to make a super sport dragster race car
        no offense but uhhhhhhhhh leamelone

Comment

what about downforce and aerodynamics? i thought thats why rally cars had them cus if they dont do that wouldnt that be wasted weight on those cars? o well it dont matter
          why are u guys bustin my balls again? Bored like me?
          o by the way i got te job to anyone who cares
          Last edited by Pokiarchy; 02-09-2004, 07:17 PM. Reason: dont want to triple post

Comment

you want the down force to go onto the drive wheels which in the case of the protege are the front tires. its not doing any good up there besides creating wind resistance and adding weight to the car, unless you just want to make it look pretty.
            edit: in the case of the rally cars, many of them have both front end spoilers and rear spoilers because many are All wheel drive

2000 White Protege LX
            Sumitomo 195/60HR14
            2 x Polk DB570 (5"x7")
            Kenwood KDC-MP522 Head Unit
            Kenwood KAC-7251 (800 W) Amp
            Audiobahn AWC10T x 2 Subs
            Kenwood Music Keg
            Black Widow Keyless Entry
            Intake- Custom SRI
            Clear Corner Lights
            APC Clear Tail Lights

Comment

Originally posted by Brad
              you want the down force to go onto the drive wheels which in the case of the protege are the front tires. its not doing any good up there besides creating wind resistance and adding weight to the car, unless you just want to make it look pretty.
              edit: in the case of the rally cars, many of them have both front end spoilers and rear spoilers because many are All wheel drive
              I don't know of any that aren't all wheel drive. Even the focus is 4x4
              Tag Team

Comment

Originally posted by Brad

no, you want downforce over the entire car. Not just the drive wheels. That'd be silly.

if you want aero and downforce, the better solution would be an undertray. No drag related with it, comparitively.
                "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                -93 MR2, 129 ES
                ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

thank u jesse
                  and fyi last season the citroen wasnt awd so raspberry
                  whats the big deal anyways i like the wing and i wanna see what it looks like like i said isnt the whole point of modding a protege to make it more fun to drive and better to look at? I mean unless u got tons of money to dump into it theres no point
                  stop beating me up :
                  how many kids in this forum does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Comment

hmm, apparently you didn't get the point though.

repeat "I don't want or need a spoiler" until you get the point
                    "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                    -93 MR2, 129 ES
                    ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                    Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

fine i dont want a wing i jus wanna see it on the protege then

Comment

Let him have his damn spoiler!
                        I mean, your car will still look better anyways..... right?
                        " Autobots are an error I intend to correct"

Reformated Alternate Mode:
                        Midnite Blue P5 ( 5-speed manual)
                        Painted calipers
                        Injen CAI
                        Custom exhaust
                        Tein lowering springs(finally installed)

Comment

wanan buy my old spoiler? I took it off but if you search around in the pics section you can see many pics of it with it on. Its similar to the EVO one. Its called the Wings West Skyliner
                          My OLD Car

Comment

how much do u want for your spoiler, and is it the same one that is under all of ur posts on the left and center pic.

Comment

Working...
                            X