damn potholes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn potholes!

I hit the mother of all potholes last night. The hole was so big it has its own trafic light. It was covered with water so I did not see it. It bent the sh** out of my rim and blew my tire. My hubcap is now resting comfortably on someones lawn or porch. Anyway, the tire/rim shop hammered out the dent, rebalanced it and off I went. There were about 10 people in the shop for the same thing. The roads in and around Philly are completely trashed from all of the freeze/thaw.

Now I'm missing one hubcap. Does anyone know of any sources for OEM hubcaps 13". I will assume dealer would be the only option. Maybe some of those cheesy plastic ones that keep spinning when you stop. Those should do the trick. j/k
    1991 DX "Bone Stock", 157K Miles

hubcaps
    'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
    -Dean
    2003.5 Vivid Yellow Protege5

Mods:
    18" G-Racing Kirins - hyper black
    Eibach Pro-Line lowering springs
    MazdaSpeed Axelback Exhaust
    Injen CAI - Polished
    Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
    DaveB trim rings
    Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
    Alpine CVA-1005 - 6.5" LCD Reciever.
    Alpine DVA-5210 - DVD/WMA/CD/MP3 Player
    Alpine ERA-G320 - EQ/Surround processor.
    Kicker IX-405D 5 Channel Amp
    Kicker 12" L5's in bandpass enclosure (2 of them)
    Kicker K-57.2 Components up front
    Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

It's the cities fault, catch my drift?
      James G.
      sobe83@yahoo.com
      AIM: DVS 323BPT
      MySpace
      Cardomain
      <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

I hear ya man, Yesterday coming home from the storm on the highway there was a patch about 8 by 3 feet and atleast 4 -5 inches deep. A plow must of just hit it right and dug it up and i didnt see it till it was to late, Good thing i had a chevy blazer and it didnt do any damage. If i had my car i would have been ****ed

Comment

foget tryin to get the oem ones. Just hit up target or advance auto parts and you can get a set of 4 for like 20 bucks. Just please dont get the spinners lol. My wife lost some of her hubcaps for her prizm and we found her some replacements that looked like they belong to the car, you know what i'm saying? They actually looked appropriate; not chrome, not 6 spoke a la ~1999 honda civic or anythign like that. I'll take a pic tomorrow and post it up.
          Tag Team

Comment

buddy, i had the same god damn problem up off of blair mill road last year, i filed claim with horsham township and have yet to hear from them. what road were you on just so i can avoid it? oh, and by the way, check your pm bro, we've gotta hook up in the next few weeks, i won't have the pro any more (ie i'm getting rid of some protege parts), so hit me up.
            kevin

Comment

Thanks for the replies, guys.

Dean-nice link, thanks

James - I definetly get your drift, the whole repair only cost me $20. I could see if there was more damage it might be worth making a claim.

Kevin-check your PM

I went back to the "scene of the crime" to look for my hubcap and found about five assorted hubcaps laying in the grass. Mine must be stuck in a tree. I'll check the local stores for some cheapies(no spinners, lol). Thanks again.

Brian
              1991 DX "Bone Stock", 157K Miles

Comment

walmart buddy. 17 bucks or cheaper . honestly, i was thinking about it, dresher road is getting widened, hence the extreme disrepair of the road .. lazy ****ers
                peace
                ps, you know, it sure as hell beats jersey bro..the entire god damn state is a ****in pothole

Comment

suxxors
                  Maroon 1995 Probe SE
                  Beige 1994 Protege DX
                  Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

Working...
                  X