This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Janurary 2011 ROTM Nominations

How's it going? Got something new that you just put on your car? Think your car is fan****intastic? Let the people of Club Protege put it to the test!

Think your car is worthy of being ride of the month? Think someone else on this board has a well put together car? Toss up a nomination in this thread if they fit the following details...

Nominating
    1. You can nominate anyone you'd like - including yourself. The catch is, you're only allowed one nomination PER MONTH. Doesn't matter if you own one car, fifty cars, no cars, or a Mr. Potato head with wheels. Nominate anyone you think deserves the win (including yourself) and post them (or yourself) in this thread, if they(or you) qualify for the above rules.

2. When you post a nomination you must include at least 2 or 3 pictures of said car with a brief explanation of why you think the car deserves to be ROTM. The member/car you nominate must have a VB Pic Gallery set up or a Worklog. If they don't have one their nomination will be deleted.

3. Previous winners cannot have their same car win ROTM twice unless it has been 2 years since winning ROTM.

4. Winners of the ROTM will receive their car and bio in a dedicated ROTM thread. Winner is eligible for Clubprotege decals- PM FE3-323 for more info

ALL NOMINEE'S MUST HAVE A vB Picture Gallery or Worklog

If you don't have one, your nomination will be deleted.

------------------------------------------------

Time Details
    1. Nominations will be taken for a period of exactly 1 week (7 days) from the date posted or when 10 cars are nominated.

2. Nominations will only be open to currently active members only (the member should have at least 5 posts in the last month prior to the nomination post. This way we can make sure the right kind of person gets voted in - a contributing member of CP.)

The following people have won within the past 2years and CANNOT be nominated;
    Rayman, 323 GT-R, analytical, Mr GoD, Lex, therieldeal, Mazdagirl/IvarR, Dan [Sac], DeeAOne, Jinx, cee1481, scortadict, and CaymentEGT91
    Last edited by Ace; 12-23-2010, 05:09 AM.
    -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
    VF10 powered!
    262 Whp & 257 Wtq
    13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

I would nominate myself ... but the car isnt finished yet :0)

Comment

im in the same boat as above
      91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

need a bigger boat lol
        swapping into another shell!

Comment

lets do a 'Under Construction' month haha^^
          Anyone knows what 9K rpm feels like? I do

93 Mercury Tracer SW
          99 Honda Accord 4DR 'VIP' status
          01 Honda S2000 Future Boost

Comment

under construction would be cool...

Comment

Under construction is We've all seen it a million times, people tell us what they are doing (plan on) and even goes as far as to buy tons of parts, but everything ends there. The parts get sold and the car goes to the scrap pile. Hell, even my project gt got scrapped after over 50hrs of complete disassemble, body work, and custom work. I'm just saying, our ride of the month is, in my opinion, the best of what CP has to offer. People that have finished the project, spent the overly ridiculous amounts of money, and have one bad ass ride to show for it. But than again, I don't have anyone else to nominate so I guess I'mjust a tool...
              Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

Any project of mine is also in some way "under construction"
                "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Noooooooooooo!! It's gonna rally again, dammit!!
                  '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
                  '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
                  http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Seems like it is the nature of cars to be "under construction" in some way ..... That being said I guess I'll run again, if nothin else maby get the nominations flowing...completed to perfection or not!Here's what I got so far:

Yes, I do think my car is fan****intastic! n I've had alot of fun playin around with customizing the interior n stuff. Im married to a man that I swear was born with a wrench in his hand n he got me interested in cars almost 10 years ago. My parents helped me get this car as a safe, reliable, car for their little girl to go to college with...well sh*t happens, what can I say, but it has been a great car. I started my interior about a year ago, and Im still switchin it up now n then along with adding new stuff like the custom carbon fiber vinyl headliner I'll be starting next time I have a few days off. Under the hood is coming along slowly due to $$$ or lack of but Its runnin damn good for 120k miles. Full list of mods in my signature line. Im doin what Im doin purely for enjoyment n the satisfaction of having a unique ride that was created by ME, a true expression of my style, and more than just a means of gettin from point A to point B. I've put alot of time n money in my project, and there's alot more to come...
                    I got pride for my ride... do u?
                    Last edited by zoomzoom chick; 12-24-2010, 04:20 AM. Reason: edit font
                    sigpic
                    Mod List:
                    *KYB GR2 Struts
                    *Modified stock intake
                    *K&N Performance air filter
                    *Stainless Header
                    *Custom Interior- hot pink / black carbon fiber wrap
                    *Urethane Filled Mounts (1 done so far)
                    *Alpine 600W Amp / Audiobahn 12" Sub

Comment

Personally, I like what you've done with the interior. It looks nice and not too overdone (like painting the entire dash hot pink, haha). Keep up the good work

Also, I'd nominate myself again, but I haven't done anything since last month (only 1 vote) so I'll sit this one out.

Comment

Thanks! Im actually thinking about toning it down some on the pink door panels n doing more black carbon fiber vinyl with pink trim....hmmmm we'll see. Im definatly not makin a barbie car, n Im no friggin princess, but I really like pink n black so im shootin for more of a badass chick kinda look i guess..
                        Last edited by zoomzoom chick; 12-25-2010, 02:48 PM.
                        sigpic
                        Mod List:
                        *KYB GR2 Struts
                        *Modified stock intake
                        *Stainless Header

Comment

I don't want to get too far off topic, but I can't wait to see how it turns out. For me, I think the doors are fine. Maybe put the vent and window switch trim back to stock, but everything else looks fine to me. Have fun with it

HTC Droid Incredible

Comment

Thank you!
                            sigpic
                            Mod List:
                            *KYB GR2 Struts
                            *Modified stock intake
                            *Stainless Header

Comment

Let's get some more nominations in this ****! lol
                              -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                              VF10 powered!
                              262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                              13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Working...