Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

internals question

i have a 95 ES 1.8L 5 spd

i am going to rebuild the motor now after searching on the internet for a while and realising it was not helping i came here and searched the posts still nothing.. so this is my question.

what are a good set of pistons and rods, a good cam and cam gears, and good valves for my motor i know i can use miata 1.8L parts so i am wondering if anyone has experience building high compression (still street reliable) N/a motors i am looking to run at least 14's on the motor any help is greatly appreciated..
    1995 ES 1.8L DOHC 1/4 in 15.8
    and my car is not as slow as those honda FAQRS think.. so i like it
    "Would'nt Understand"

what do you know about the motor that's in your car?

You do know that is is the same 1.8L BP that is located in the 1st gen protege's. The motor uses 9.0:1 compression pistons. You can get the factory pistons from www.mazdaformance.com. This is ofcourse if you even need pistons. Mazda motors are very strong, and they do tend to last a very long time.
    I would advise you to do a compression test and then come back and inform us of your results. If all your pistons are running at optimum level, which can be referenced in a manual, then there will be no need for a piston change.

If it results that you don't need to change your pistons, then well hey your motor is sweet and good money.
    You can get the head ported and polished if you want. Toda makes head gaskets, if you have the balls to shell out 200+ duckets. You can get regrind cams from a onboard user mike323 or you can search around for aftermarket cams...
    You also have corksport for power options also.

I can go on and on ... but you have to give me more specifics of the condition of your car.
    Bruce
    p.s. welcome to the page
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

toda also makes cams

Comment

well i want to build a 11:0:1 compression N/A motor i have a guy to do my head work and hone the block but i am just trying to figure out if there are other options on pistons and rods than stock or the carillo rods that are serious duckets and what options other than wiesco i have for pistons..

my motor has a slight tick in the head so my vales are more than likely gone plus i have a serious idle stumble that even makes it impossible to run a/c my TPS looks good my O2 sensors are tripping on the codes so i know those need to be changed and i cannot figure if it is the mounts or the trans that gives my the shake and vibration off and on i have not had time to just rip everything apart so i decided to just park it for a lil while and get a truck to putt around and rebuild my car...

plus none of my friends believe i can accomplish what i am shooting for so it makes me want to do it even more so any specific help i can get is much appreciated..

oh and i am looking for the gray interior for a 95 es just incase someone knows where i can get one...
        Last edited by ill_shaggs; 02-09-2004, 06:09 AM.
        1995 ES 1.8L DOHC 1/4 in 15.8
        and my car is not as slow as those honda FAQRS think.. so i like it
        "Would'nt Understand"

Comment

well if you are tripping an O2 code then that would help explain the idle. i had a similiar idle issue which greatly deteriorated, and it was all due to the Engine coolant temperature sensor.

alos ARP make excelent bolts for the connecting rod,
          flyinmiata.com check them out
          i saw a rebuild kit on the internet somewhere and i forgot to bookmark it.

best of luck.
          When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
          Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
          Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
          So his engine he goosed
          With much too much boost,
          And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Working...
          X