macphee2three's speedy GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

macphee2three's speedy GT

I picked the car up November 1st and I haven't had any problems with it yet. There was one day a ground snapped off the block and it lost spark. We had that fixed within an hour after towing the car home. It works awesome, I'm very impressed with this car. It's my second car, and my first car with boost.

A few facts about the car,

1989 Mazda 323 GT, everything is stock, except for a Corksport chip, i have it turned down to about 10lbs now, capable of 16. It's been dynoed by the previous owner for 180hp/200lbft.

It had the electronic adjustable shock absorbers, but since theyve been upgraded to kyb struts ive opted to switch out the suspension controls for a greddy turbo timer. I think it looks awesome where it is.

I'm from Nova Scotia, Canada, so finding a rust free car is like hitting the lottery, the body is originally from the southern states, so i'm told. The underbody is magnificent.

2.5" turbo back exhaust

rear strut tower bar, front strut tower bar

GTX seats

I'm pretty sure it has a centerforce clutch in it, i have an empty centerforce clutch box in one of my boxes of spare parts, including a full B6T swap, with everything (turbo, transmission, wiring harness, you name it)

It also has the big brake upgrade on the front.

I hit a deer sometime mid November, luckily I wasn't going fast and the deer didnt weigh very much.

So now, I'll let the pictures do the talking.
    Excuse the quality, some were taken with my cell phone, other peoples phones, and some digital cameras, cheap shoddy digital cameras at best

first thing i did when i brought the car home was painted the hood and fender, they were covered in surface rust

i can't stress enough how clean the body is on this car. if you're familiar with eastern canada you know how hard winter is on a car. I'm almost positive this car hasnt seen a winter... yet.

spare head. it's mint!

oil pressure gauge isn't hooked up currently, its on my list though

my brothers slicks that i stole long enough to take a couple pictures
    he gave me his older garrett T25 for my birthday, Thanks Bro!

That's it for now, luckily for you guys and girls i still have more pictures to upload

Deer Carnage.

turbo timer mount, i think it fits awesome, looks more OEM than you can shake a stick at, and overall i just love it

Comment

A new rad wouldnt be bad, I think I'll just go with an aluminum civic rad and slimfan. What oem rad hoses could you use?

Any other suggestions for a new rad? I'm not looking for older parts, only new.

Comment

Took care of that deer! That sucks man, the car looks pretty good... I am in Minnesota, very similar feeling when you get a car with no rust . Keep the updates coming.
        Love my

1992 Protégé DX Totaled
        1991 Protégé LX SOLD
        1988 323 GT, 1.6 B6T 200k SOLD still on the road..
        1992 Miata Unofficial SE 76k
        1991 Mercury Capri XR2 101k
        1972 Monte Carlo

Comment

shiiiiiiitttyyyyyy man!
          1988 323 GTX - 16psi Daily

Comment

my front signal lights dont work. i checked all my fuses, bulbs are good, they are connected right, i dont know what else i should look at. any suggestions to help me get my 323 back on the road?

i have the ebay crystal headlights and corners now btw. be prepared for updates when i get my lights completely working. you guys should see my hood now! haha

Comment

park lights, signal lights work now. i just need to get my headlights beaming now,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Comment

continued to get work done son. this week im cleaning up my spare set of wheels. same wheels as what are on the car, but they will be blingin when i get the prep work done and i finally paint them.

I had received my set of headlights from Option Racing, the passenger side had the grill tabs broken off when i opened the box. filed a report, yadda yadda yadda. They sent me another passenger side, i got it this morning
                check out these pics, is this quality or what????

couple more pics. me and my brother mucked out the garage

LOOK AT MY FREAKIN HOOD!!! I'm still amazed i managed to get the thing in as good of shape as it's in. Can I get a hell yeah?

323 has hood pins in it now, and no hood latch. damn deer!
                It's been moved outside the garage for the first time in a month though, im fairly happy about that

Comment

Hell ya!
                  Love my

1992 Protégé DX Totaled
                  1991 Protégé LX SOLD
                  1988 323 GT, 1.6 B6T 200k SOLD still on the road..
                  1992 Miata Unofficial SE 76k
                  1991 Mercury Capri XR2 101k
                  1972 Monte Carlo

Comment

how do you do the mx3 v6 alternator swap?
                    my buddy left this neat lil thing at my house for a couple days

still for sale btw

Comment

bought an alternator from canadian tire, $189+ tax. not too bad. my shifter bushings are softer than puppy ****. the bushing everyone says shouldnt be replaced is absolutely dickered. anyone have parts numbers? or kits for sale

Comment

hehe

well, i bought the bushing, stud, washers, everything and replaced the shifter bushing. but today the upgrades are all in the details. I have spare parts stock piled up. If anyone needs taillights for a sedan let me know, or interior pieces, or seatbelts.
                        I found a new centre console piece today with an ashtray, and a little light above the ashtray. My previous piece didnt have the little light. It was a little cleaner than my other piece, which had a few scratches on it.

This is the old console piece part number. The new part number is BF 67 55 220, if you like smoking get one!

See, there's no sweet little cigarette ash light. You know only pimps rock them.

I found cupholders too. i might rig them up to go in underneath my cd player, which is a recent addition as well.

And some random pictures with the new digital camera, panoramic view is pretty legit.

And finally my graffiti hood. Yes, it's ghetto. No, it's not classy. Maybe, you should get a sense of humor bra.

yes, there is a sony xplod sticker on my headlight .

Comment

I was thinking about getting those headlights and keeping my amber corners. How do you like them over stock?

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

they are definitely brighter than stock. and i love them for that, no more deer incidents yet! But the way they are made the stock corners do not fit with these. I bought them thinking i could just use my stock corners because they are nicer no doubt. But i repeat, stock corners with the "JDM" headlights wont work without some work. ill get a picture to show you what i mean.

Comment

alright. heres the pics mangs.

JDM as a mawfugga

ok, so now you can see what i mean hopefully. The stock corner is "thinner" than the clear corner. If you can mount the stock corner to the jdm headlight there will be a gap of about 1/2 an inch.

and a picture of my car in Antigonish, NS at The Shine Factory's 2011 Dyno Day. slipping clutch, a wrecked boost controller (it was running like 10psi that day)
                              i still made 155 and 155 at the wheels. more torque than a stock k20 civic at the wheels haha

Comment

Working...
                              X