• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas Gauge In Tank GTX

Well i was wondering if anyone has replaced the unit in the tank with:

A: Factory Unit
    B: Alternative unit from another car
    C: Your own solution!

Did a search and did not come up with the results that i was looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated because i am looking to fix the gauge soon!
    Sean
    1988 Mazda 323 gtx
    1.8 bp-t swap

C....replace the wire wrapped piece from a donor.

Comment

Alright cool i will get into the tank and see what i can do. Thanks!
      Sean
      1988 Mazda 323 gtx
      1.8 bp-t swap

Comment

Yeah, I've several of the wire-wrapped resistors somewhere in my parts bin. Just grab them off the usual suspects: BF, BG (IIRC), 626, Crapri, Tracer, etc. Just make sure to inspect them for rub marks.

Comment

When I fixed my gas gauge I was surprised to find out that once I yanked up the float, the gauge registered a full tank. WTF? Stick it back in the tank, it would drop right back down to empty again.

Turns out the coil part was totally fine, it's just my float had a small leak and had filled with enough gas to be a sinker instead of a float.

I grabbed a sending unit out of a junk 323 sedan and swapped the float onto the GTX sender.

Works like a champ!

Comment

Are you guys having the same symptoms as me I wonder?

Above about 3/4 tank, my gauge works great. Under that, it drops to nothing.

I havn't really investigated it though, I may take it apart soon. The light still works so i know when to fill up

Thanks
            Brandon
            1988 323 GTX

Comment

Working...
            X