• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My BG familia story :-)

Hello Familia lovers !

It's time to do my "worklog" and present to you my little story ^^

I own for the moment :

3 mazda 323 BG GT : one is on "reborn" state and the other one is for spares parts, the last one is a donor car.

2 mazda 323 BG diesel : one is my dialy drive and the other is for spares parts.

2 mazda 323 BG GT-R : one need a refresh and the other one is for future trackdays.

I'll try to made a good and detailled post.

let's start this post with my first car ! lot of memories,trip and fun with this car, it's a mazda 323 bg gt 93' i still got it ! i reserve her a good surprise !

I bought it cheap, in poor state, she was drinking more oil then gas, i found pictures the first day i bought it ! she had big stickers, red smoked paint lights, sideskirt and a dtm style exhaust, i removed thoses **** directly lol

Engine bay lol...the battery was leaking acid...

here is the wash of the engine bay...before and after...i of course changed the battery and putted a oem battery cover.

My 323 is a gen 2 (grill with the central mazda logo, front bumper with two holes, rear curved bumper like the gt-r, the rear bumpy light, big molding and gen 2 interior, same as the edm gt-r and somes others little differences).

I don't like a lot the gen 2 grill and the gen 2 bumpy lights, that's why i putted a gen 1 grill (with the mazda on the side) and the gen 1 lights (slim one).

A friend gave me for free a complete body of a crashed mazda 323 BG GTX, i take off lot of parts, and putt the gtx wheels on my gt !

I took the optionnal gtx 14" alloy wheels and putt thoses on my gt, i also bought somes lowering springs.

After that, let's remove the goudron !

And also rebuild the rear brake because it was not famous !

Before :

After :

Somes random "funny" stuffs :

CV joint opened...

Smashed rear right damper plate...damn made a crazy sound when he broke !

Break the key on the keyhole...was hard to get lol

Always nice to found your car like that on the parking school...

I bought a other GT for spares, but it's a gen 1, blown headgasket and hell rusty ! (sorry crappy old cellphone pictures).

let's get back to my first gt,

I bought a set of used rota grid in 15" with brigestone potenza re720

I ride a lil bit and i sold the rota and bought some news shoes for my gt (sorry the car is dirty).

Engine was drinking more and more oil, one day, i was driving with my mom, and he broke !

Now she's waiting his new "upgraded" heart and lot of very nice parts !! surpriiiiise !

Let's continue my story with my daily drive !

I was without car, needed one good looking, confortable and affordable car......a 323..........of course ! but this time, a diesel !

here is my daily car, the mazda 323 bg 1.7 diesel (i bought it crashed, i never had a crash in my life, and start the rebuild with a other diesel having for free). now she have 370.000km more less 8)

let's go for cut the rear wing on my diesel for spares parts! the only stuff i didn't maked by myself is the paint.

Comment

That gray 323 is awesome looking.

Comment

ugly interior

i have a other gt bumper for parts, on my diesel it miss the little lips under the bumper, let's pick it up this one

bling bling i know my diesel is not a gt, but i really don't like the diesel, 1.3l 1.6l bumpers

let's go for change the driveshaft hubs

little tips for going faster

it was the time :lol:

i need to be lowered!!!

and let's putt a real interior on it!

and some MKI rear light (looks beter for me)

let's go for a used gtr steering wheels rebuild for my diesel (sorry for the crappy interior, now it's clean).

Comment

i putted my lowered springs and my set of 5zigen, thanks to my friend for thoses pictures !

big mazda wing is finally paint, and i receive a other one freebie woohooo !

and my other bumper uncut is painted too(the one in my car don't have the fixations for putt the grill !! previous owner cut thoses !

after 372.000km the clutch gone...but it's only the fault of the spring !

i'm not brutal, but they are somes broken screws !

let's clean it up!

damn !

clean up

gearbox reconditioned !

now the car ride very nice, i'm happy when i shift!!
          i putt grease on every screws for be quiet if i need to remove somes parts again

finally i receive my cup holder (more then 1month of waiting).

a lil "JDM" picture lol

i putted my good front bumper with oem grill, the picture is not very good, i will take somes more later.

one for a year whe need to pass a technical control, here i was refused for a rear drum and the headlight no very good oriented.

i change the two receptor cylinders and the "brakes" on the two sides

before

cleaned with the new receptor cylinder

done

i will paint my drums and brakecalipers soon in black

Comment

i putted my armrest on my diesel, he come from chazzi (thanks a lot, a very serious guy)

and i putt my jdm rear garnish light, the rear metal garnish was already damaged when i bought the car, i'll fix it later !

And a decent shooting with my front bumper with oem grills !

mazda familia front grill bought from Ferdi (100% serious guy)

and i don't need to repaint it, that nice!

Woohooo!!!!

She need a gift for thoses nice numbers !

Mazda 323F 00' oem factory polished wheels 8)

The car is dirty, the lug nuts are too long and rusty, but it was just for see what thoses look like :D and i like it !!!

Thanks to my mate for thoses nice pictures, car was not very clean (i washed it quickly on a self car wash.

Little picture with my set of Mazdaspeed ms03

Here with my set of Inter milano "Racing Gear" RG6 white 4x100/4x114.3 in 16'

Nothing fabulous, but take care of his car is always a pleasure 8)

News pads and disks.

I'ill surely paint the calipers and the drums in black soon.

Comment

She passed with success the check control with 431.000KM on the clock !

After the winter, i work a lil bit on the sides moldings (repaint it) and traited the underbody with anti rust coat and good paint.

I also fitted a ukdm left brand new seat !

And finally, i bought a set of mazda familia infini corners

I had a little oil leak on the timing belt cover, was very little, but one day it's started to be bigger and i saw somes coolant leak too, time to repair !

Here's the waterpump (lol it's not the oilpump ! )

Need a big clean up, i bought cam joint and crank joint, valvecover joint and new waterpump and timing belt cover joint.

I had also big trouble with a bolt, was ****ed up, it take lot of time with a dremel for having the bolt and i'm happy i didn't damaged the mountbolt !

Crankpulley don't want to come, i made a special tool, i'll keep it it work so nice !

Cleaning the parts

The crankjoint was also a pain to remove, dunno why ! but i got it without any damage on the oilpump.

Comment

And the cherry on the cake, when i finished to putt all back, my radiator was leaking...i changed the radiator by a other that i had in my stock maybe 1000km ago...time for a brand new lol !

440.000KM ! here's my last stuff done on my mazda diesel !

Let's continue my 323 adventure !

Comment

Here's my black gen 1 GT, bought it a couples of peanuts ! very bad shape too !

Here's first day at home !

After a good cleaning and polish.

look the crazy huge exhaust lol

Interior...lot of crap,broken stuffs, door panel was missing...

In progress (poor steering wheels is replaced by a oem one and the gearknob too).

The right doorpanel is on the door, when i took the picture it was removed for cleaning.

Crazy huge barbarians ex owner...let's change the broken or bad shape interior parts.

Before...

Ahh...look beter now !

i cleaned up the engine bay too...of course made a complete check up, sparkplugs, oil change, oil filter change, gas filter change, air filter with a drop in kn...putt somes new o'ring and joints for the leaking points...

radiator from a 323 BG GTX

crazy to ride like that !

Did you said suspensions used?????? lol

I putted somes others good dampers with lowering springs.

i changed the poor rice exhaust with a complete inox exhaust system

upgrade of the air entries of the oem airbox, it's working very well !

Previous owner painted the calipers in yellow and it's was very not well done...

Before...

And i solt it !

Let's continue my 323 saga !

Comment

Here's my pride and joy lol,

My first GT-R, need a refresh, but it's a gt-r ! bought it very cheap too,

Found it in a little newspaper for sale, just grab the phone, discuss the price and let's do it ! i was in school exams lol just crazy !

It as no windshield, and the weather was very cold (-2degres celsius if i remember well) i came back with a towing bar on the highway lol was just crazy ! but you know, a gt-r for sale, if you are not quick, she will be sell after a couple of days or maybe hours ! gt-r are a little world, all the guys i know who love gt-r have always more then one gt-r and a lot of parts !

Look the trunk, with the lower wing he take the rust ! i don't like the lower wing, she will never have a other back lol !

Thoses wheels are from a mazda xedos 6, but i already have a set of original enkei ^^

For the moment, the car is still in the same state, i'll reserve the best of the best, a complete restauration (remove all the parts, traitement of the body etc) with plenty of mazdaspeed parts and jdm goodies ! it need a lot of money, and for the moment i don't want to make somethings at 50%, she will have the best, when i'll have enought money, i'll attack this beauty !

Comment

Again, that diesel 323, off the chart on cleanliness. Such a beautiful car. And for 400k+ on the clock. I am quite jealous, thats gotta be in the top 5 for nicest cars on club protege.

Comment

welcome to cp.and i thought i was a mazda whore lol. dude i love your collection and the work you put in. i really do love the grey one as well makes me miss my grey 323.

sigpicWorlds first car with GPS was a Mazda

~~~~~~~~> Thanks again to member gooseinyou for the familia garnish <~~~~~~~~

Comment

The saga continue,

I picked up this GT gen 2 for a good price too, long time she never drove, somes stuffs needed to be fixed, but the car was in more less good condition !

Here's some "before" pictures, broken front wing, molding were in poor state, somes interior broken parts, a "home made" stereo with a computer speaker, a poor reparation of the left mirror...etc.

Like always, a good check up, oil change, sparks...etc

Lot of crap there ! time for a good clean !

LOL...

Want easy hp ? stickers adds horsepower...lol

Rust removed from parts and repaint.

Let's take care of this seat !

I had in my spares parts stock a passenger seat in good state, let's make the conversion ! somes stuffs are different but it's fine and "usuals person"s can't see that the seat has been rebuild" the best stuff is you have two travel pocket on the back in place of one !

On the left, the finished product, i also remove the little rust and gave a paint on the black rails.

"New" wing.

Gen 2 have "money holder" it's a little box, but here was broken

Didn't have a gen 2 interior cover in stock, i putted a gen 1 in place.

Removed the old pedals rubbers.

Better ones in place.

The washerwindshield were discolored and rusted, let's paint it !

Comment

Same for a rear windows molding.

Fix the door molding, and i change the wing molding with a "bumpy" one.

Finish !

I exhanged this car with a gt-r complete for parts ! but what a gt-r you will see the disaster soon !

Comment

I want a PN diesel! you should find a spare engine and trans and ship and sell it to me!
                              2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                              1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Working...
                              X