Diamond M6 10D4 vs. eD e10K.44

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diamond M6 10D4 vs. eD e10K.44

I've narrowed my sub choises down to these 2. Has anyone on this board used Diamond subs? I'm looking at buying within the next 3 days or so.

Can't say I have. If it is Diamond Technology, I love their component speakers. They blow my Boston Pro series away!
    2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
    KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
    Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
    Groundkit

Comment

both of those subs are awesome choices. i really like the diamond subs, but i can't justify spending the extra money to get one one thing i don't like about diamond is that the sensitivity they post on their main info page for the sub is rated at 2.83 volts, rather than 1 watt, like most. when you measure at 2.83 volts, it's equivalent to running 1 watt to an 8 ohm sub. so if you use a sub like the diamond sub, which has dual 4 ohms, you'll get a 2 ohm load to the amp, and 4 watts to the sub, rather than 1 watt. the sensitivity at 2.83 volts varies per sub and ohm configuration. either way it's not the best guestimate of how a sub will perform. in their manual the sub is rated the standard SPL rating at 1 watt, which is 84.5 dB. the diamond sub does have higher BL, which means that it would be capable of more force at it's extremes. but how much of that is linear, you won't know without a dumax test. higher BL is genereally better for SPL applications, but has great daily driving properties, if it's linear through most of it's movement.

all in all, if you get a good deal on the diamond, i'd go for it. if not, get the ED

Comment

Thanks blue, I'm gonna go with the eD. From reading on here and other forums it seems there aren't any dissaitisfied customers.

Comment

Originally posted by 18green99
          Thanks blue, I'm gonna go with the eD. From reading on here and other forums it seems there aren't any dissaitisfied customers.
          my e12K.44 blew out for some reason... (maybe it was partly my fault)
          they replaced it instantly...

Comment

I have had zero problems with my ED subs since I got them several months ago. They are solidly built and hard to beat for the money!
            2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
            KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
            Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
            Groundkit

Comment

Working...
            X