• Time
  • Show
Clear All

94 Protege DX

Update: General & Speaker pix!

Worklog:
    01/01/11 - New stereo/front speakers

Hey!

Buddy got a 94 Protege DX, we're gonna do all kinds of crap to it, figured I'd throw up a work log on the interwebz, get some feedback, harass you folks with questions. Forgive the night shots, only had my camera with me that night.

It runs. A little bit of body damage on the passenger side and a decent amt of wear on the paint (was in Colorado before, plenty of weather). Previous to the car being picked up, it was basically given a super-tune up to get the thing running in great condition and... it runs great now! Plan to do all sorts of things but being a college student, money is slow.

Will update and post pics as things happen to the car.
    Last edited by gpibambam; 01-13-2011, 06:51 PM.

New Stereo:
    When my buddy got the car the previous stereo had been cut out, speakers left in. We spent a couple of hours putting in some new speakers (polkaudio DXI650) and a stereo (will find model. Sony something) on New Years Day. He had plenty of fun doing the wiring for the stereo (with all of the cut wires) and I took care of the speakers. We made it take longer than it should have, and of course waited until it was way too cold outside but... its done! Definitely sounds much, much better than the nothing that was there before.

Note the Rockstar mod.

Nothin crazy but... again an improvement from the no speakers before. :D
    Last edited by gpibambam; 01-13-2011, 06:48 PM.

Comment

I see you are on your way and started working on the stereo first. nice.
      Anyone knows what 9K rpm feels like? I do

93 Mercury Tracer SW
      99 Honda Accord 4DR 'VIP' status
      01 Honda S2000 Future Boost

Comment

Thanks!
        Again... first goal was to make sure everything is there in the scheme of practicality. Plan a serious detail in the next week or so. This weekend if possible.

Buddies already driving more spiritedly with the manual tranny. Makes me smile.

Next looking in to brakes/suspension... Again with money as a constraint its one or the other at this point.
        Last edited by gpibambam; 01-13-2011, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Not to thread jack but do you have AC and wear is your switchs for said AC?
          Want my photos Click the link below.
          http://s662.photobucket.com/albums/u...view=slideshow

Comment

not at all dude. yes and AC sw is up by the steering wheel.
            Last edited by gpibambam; 01-13-2011, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X