Gas consumption is high for 45 mile drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas consumption is high for 45 mile drive

My car is consuming gas more than normal. It takes more than 1/2 (don't reach 3/4 tank mark) tank of gas to travel 45.48 miles while driving between 30 - 40mph without a/c, no traffic & me as the only added weight & i have to top up for the return trip. My friend 323 gt travel the same distance & return with only using 1/2 tank of gas. What would be the cause of this high gas consumption with my car?

Originally posted by mazkam View Post
    My car is consuming gas more than normal. It takes more than 1/2 (don't reach 3/4 tank mark) tank of gas to travel 45.48 miles while driving between 30 - 40mph without a/c, no traffic & me as the only added weight & i have to top up for the return trip. My friend 323 gt travel the same distance & return with only using 1/2 tank of gas. What would be the cause of this high gas consumption with my car?
    That's about 7mpg. You must have a hole in your tank or something, a 600hp Mercedes can do better than that.

Edit: And that's not stop and go, holy ****. There is definitely something wrong with your car. I'd start looking for holes in the tank or lines.

Comment

do you smell raw gas? might be leaking or running rich?

what's your setup again? bpt? what vaf are you running? ecu? injectors?
      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

I am not smelling raw gas. I have a Sunpro lean/rich gauge n it shows that It is running alittle on the rich side. It have 4 led bars for the lean, ideal & rich. It stays on the first bar in the rich side right after ideal.

My setup is the full bpt swap, bpt ecu, bpt vaf & bpt injectors.

Could it that I have a malfuctioning sensor?

Comment

rofl .. that has to be pissing fuel somewhere otherwise if it were dumping that much fuel into the motor it would have seized due to washing away all the oil. get under the car with it running on a hoist and see whats going on , also .. push the car . be sure you arent dragging the rear wheels or that the neighbors havent hooked a tow chain to the bumper and are pulling stumps without you knowing

Comment

you would also be seeing black smoke / soot coming out the tail pipe on start up and while shifting.

I'd check the plugs, timing, etc. then start looking at other things that could affect it: bearings, alignment, vacuum hoses, sensor wires, bad fuel, injectors, filters, blah blah.

Comment

cause of this high gas consumption

If this problem you are facing for first time,i am seggesting you to adjust your gas passing line and chalk and adjust it's level.

Comment

Working...
              X