Seat Belt Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat Belt Warning

I have searched high and low for the answer to this so sorry if this is a repeat. I am looking for a way of disconecting the seat belt warning on my 1993 Protge LX. It beeps anytime you move even with the seatbelt on. If anyone knows how to solve this problem please let me know so I don't go Insane!

that or do it the cheap ass way and when you remove the center console just unplug the white electrical connection to the seatbelt spool. The light will stay on in the dash but the beep goes away.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Thanx. Just read the How to and I am gonna do that first thing in the A.M

Comment

Worked great! If anyone else has this problem do this I found the fix to my E-Break light under there Also! I do have one question tho. There were two similar plugs near the shifter. They are not connected to anything. Anyone know what these might be?

Comment

for the auto tranny if equipped...for lighting it up / buttons and ****
          93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
          02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
          05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

yeah I got the e-brake light going nuts on me. Its weird it comes on under acceleration and then goes off during decelleration. Only happens during the winter and since I live in TX, thats only a few months a year.

If there is a similar easy fix I would love to hear what you did.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
              yeah I got the e-brake light going nuts on me. Its weird it comes on under acceleration and then goes off during decelleration. Only happens during the winter and since I live in TX, thats only a few months a year.

If there is a similar easy fix I would love to hear what you did.
              Mine was under the middle console when I took it out. It was just a loose wire. Works great now. Might want to try it. Only 4 screws and your inside it already

Comment

When my seatbelt beep comes on, I turn up the stereo.
                ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

tried getting the e-brake light to go away, but no luck
                  I un-plugged and reconnected the wire 3times, but no luck. I will try grounding it out tommrow to see if the light goes off.

Comment

the light comes on when your low on brake fluid also...
                    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Originally posted by Marc93lx
                      the light comes on when your low on brake fluid also...

or when your pads are worn past the marks on the pads, then the calipers need more fluid to push the worn pads further to the rotor, hence seeming like you need more brake fluid
                      No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

you can always just unplug the bulbin the cluster depending on how much it bothers you
                        91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.