Pro VS Civic SI VS Civic CX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro VS Civic SI VS Civic CX

My two friends, one with a 92 si hb (intake,exhaust), and another with a 96 cx hb (intake, exhaust) all decided to race today. Went to one of the far away deserted roads that no one ever goes on. We all lined up, I launched really ****ty, and both got about a 1/2 car length on me, and they kept it till about the middle of third, I passed up the CX really quickly and me and the SI had about 2 cars on him. Then at almost the end of fourth I passed my the SI. I got into fifth and was going about 110 when I shut it off. I was about 2 or 3 cars on the SI and about 7 cars on the CX. My pro is really starting to impress me the more I mod it. Cant wait to finally figure out if I want to turbo it or build it n/a. Peace
    Eat ****.

Nice! A n/a beast would be cool, but would get expensive.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

yea **** is starting to get expensive, and I havent even cracked open the block..lol.
      Eat ****.

Comment

good run, but how do u guys race up there? until u run out of gear? If this was a 1/4 run the civic would've won.

Comment

Well on this paticular race, we just went until one person quit. The road is like 6 miles long of nothing, and its 4 lanes wide, and pretty smooth. Yeah if it was the 1/4 he would have taken me by only a few tenths or so. When we raced last year at the traack he beat me by 7/10s of a second, and I didnt have the same mods. If I would have had a better launch tho, im pretty sure I would have taken him.
          Eat ****.

Comment

man you should be spanking him up, espeacially since your car is lighter
            92 323 with KF-ZE V6 swap done by me, cold air intake, 2 1/4 header back piping, ported throttle body with spacer, NOW FOR SALE FOR $2500, email me at dezznuts59@aol.com

Comment

good job. you do any other runs of just drivew all the way out ther for one?
              Patrick Sean-Tiu Santiago

Current state:240 whp and 215.6 ft/lbs torque
              FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
              Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

Yea, after a while, we called up some friends and like 10 or so people came out. I raced a GSR, trans am, sentra, and celica.
                Eat ****.

Comment

not bad who outta the rest did u beat?

Comment

was the transam the 6 or 8
                    or even better (my dream car) the ws6?

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

CRV.... Sold....sniff, sniff

Comment

i don't think he would have beaten a T.A. they run 13"s stock. maybe a firebird. good kill! i know i never beat an Si in the quarter w/ my Z24, and i had better 60ft times.
                      i hate being broke!

Comment

the trans am was a WS6, the GSR was boosted, and the sentra (93) and the celica (97) were pretty much stock. The ws6 and the gsr raced each other mainly and let us ride w/ them. The ws6 is dyno'ing like almost 400rwhp, and the gsr is at 286whp I believe.
                        Eat ****.

Comment

Dude, stay NA. I know it's more expensive, but it's more challenging and rewarding too. An NA car sounds better, has better engine braking, is more reliable, has WAY better throttle response etc. Beside, everyone and their grandma goes turbo with a Protege. How many good Protege NA build-ups have you heard about? None.

Just be patient and join Miata.net as soon as possible. Those guys REALLY know what they're talking about.

Comment

boost is fun, and you don't have the "KILLER" gas mileage that a high compression motor has when just running around. N/A is killer, but i'd be more realistic with a F/I engine. more fabrication maybe involved, but i think it would be more worth it.
                            i hate being broke!

Comment

Turbo's and BOV's sound kick ass to!! I dunno, Im having a really hard time trying to decide what to do. Ive already returned all my N/A parts, so now Im just gonna sit back and think about what I want again. First off tho, I need to get my engine rebuilt. But if im gonna go n/a theres no point in rebuilding it, then getting all the parts and basically rebuilding it again. If I went n/a Id want something really radical tho. And thats MUCHO $$$$ that I don't have. Im leaning back towards n/a again tho because Ive owned my fair share of FAST turbo'ed vehicles and never really a cool n/a car. And a cool N/A protege would be really unique!
                              Eat ****.

Comment

Working...
                              X