Exhaust manifolds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust manifolds.

So my stock B6T exhaust manifold has a HUGE crack running down the middle of it. The previous owner had tried to weld it, and did a halfway decent job, but it cracked again, and I would not like to weld on top of a weld. The local mazda dealer is asking a lot for a new one, and it would be killer to have a header made for the motor. Does anyone know where I can get a decent price header? I would prefer to not have to bring the car in, and if push comes to shove, does anyone know where I could get a reasonably priced new, or used manifold? Thanks in advance!

-andrewpiro

PS. First post, Woot!

there are 2 places that i know of that have/will make manifold for the b6t, the first one is neukin.com its not cheap around 650 full stainless manifold with a lifetime warranty ram horn style. the otherturbintech.ca no warranty and same price, if you find any other places let me know. the other option is getting a honda or 4g63 mani chopping the flange off and welding a b6t flange? or maybe talk to some of the guys over at miataturbo.net, lots of people are making manifolds on there maybe one of them would be willing to make one. let me know if you find any other options, i soon will be looking for one

Comment

Hi, i have a custom manifold to replace your OEM manifold. PM me if your are interested by it. it's brand new and filt directly.
      1/4 mile -------------- 12.5 sec @ 111 Mph
      323 gt hatchback 1.6 turbo 1988

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
        there are 2 places that i know of that have/will make manifold for the b6t, the first one is neukin.com its not cheap around 650 full stainless manifold with a lifetime warranty ram horn style. the otherturbintech.ca no warranty and same price, if you find any other places let me know. the other option is getting a honda or 4g63 mani chopping the flange off and welding a b6t flange? or maybe talk to some of the guys over at miataturbo.net, lots of people are making manifolds on there maybe one of them would be willing to make one. let me know if you find any other options, i soon will be looking for one
        Is a 4g63 the same dimensions as a b6T mani? and does the vj14 bolt up to it? or do you need to weld on the Turbo flange and exhaust flange?

Comment

i think you may have to massage the runners once you get the flange off, i dont think they would be to far, i would recomend visiting a parts stores and look at a few exhaust manifold gaskets and compare to the b6t to see what is the closest, a honda maybe closer not sure. as for turbo flange they usally have a t25 flange or t3 which are pretty comon turbos to find. im sure a nice t3 or gt284s would be alot better then the stock vj14.

Comment

Mine had a small crack. I had a shop that specializes in welding cast just weld the oxygen sensor bung shut. I moved the sensor onto the beginning of the down pipe. Works great.

Comment

Working...
            X