Fumoto Engine Oil Drain Valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fumoto Engine Oil Drain Valve

I was just reading the Autospeed on-line magazine, Issue 265, Jan.29,2004.

There's an interesting write-up of the Fumoto valve which replaces the OEM drain plug in the oil pan. According to the author, it's a high quality device consisting of a forged brass body and a fail-safe release mechanism which has to be lifted and turned to operate. It's available in two versions-standard or with an integral nipple extension such that a hose can be connected to guide the stream in any direction when emptying. As the article states, it speeds up oil changes and makes losing the drain plug in the hot oil of the drain pan a thing of the past.

The device is available in the US from Fumoto America at:
    A mechanical problem while driving your car along the busy roads of the city? Fumoto Valve Auto Blog is an interactive online magazine that promotes safety measures through driver education about everything that involves auto handling and operation to ensure welfare from vehicular mishaps along our roads through due to mechanical and driver error. Designed to empower car drivers with troubleshooting skills, we have been dealing with this matter for a decade with profound commitment and unmatched expertise.

The model no. for all mazda's is F-106 for the standard unit and F-106N for the nipple equipped type. The price is US $22.95 and $3 more for the N version.

This might be a worthwhile mod to consider but, unfortunately, it doesn't make changing the oil filter any easier.
    02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
    MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
    MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
    Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
    MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
    Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
    Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
    Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
    Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
    Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
    Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
    Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
    Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Cool device, I just might buy one

Comment

Neat, I might have to look into this.
      "Hey look at me, I'm stupid as hell and can't even breath properly, little alone read!" - Master Shake
      2001 Mazda Protege MP3, with Flyin' Protege Turbo Kit

www.triplezoom.com

Comment

The 90-94 Protege's will need to purchase the adapter because the drain plug is recessed, don't know about the other generations.
        2005 Mazda 3

Comment

Working...
        X