Eclipses are the worst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eclipses are the worst

I was getting **** tired of my friend bragging about his new Mitsu****ty Eclipse...well not new..about '95 I think. Anywho, so after work we went to the bottoms ( that's where everyone races and has car sex in this hick town) and lined them up. It was a whole mile stretch. We took off and that mofo never had anything on me, in fact I beat him more than I thought I ever would. (and if I didn't I could always embarras the **** out of him in my 5.0 Mustang :p ) At the quarter mile mark I was about 3 car lenghts ahead of him... at the half about 7 and then at the end ... well I don't know I could bearly see him. It could have been the fact that he sucked ass at shifting since he had a manual. But even if he didn't suck, I would have beat him anyways. I guess he thought that buying a $4k car that he saw on Fast and the Furious would be insta-speed ( not to mention the top speed on the mitsu was 120Mph at the beginning of the movie, what a POS)

-Zerocontrol

'92 Protege DX, Automatic. I bought it for $500 and it still kicks ass. Only mod is a K&N intake kit that I pulled off of the first Mustang I had...but I wrecked that car.

Go Go Protege Of Power
    Anyone who wants to throw a 1st gen Protege my way, is welcome.
    <A HREF="http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11000">Listen to my Protege song or die.</A>

top speed in it was 140..... "I topped my car out at 140 this morning" "I need NAWS!"

Comment

LOL oops .... can tell I didn't like the movie too much , eh? I think I stoped watching it to go outside and play with a real car....the PROTEGE OF POWER
      <A HREF="http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11000">Listen to my Protege song or die.</A>

Comment

maybe you should have switched cars and run again. Then you would have been 100% sure about which car is faster.
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Um well what kind of eclipse was it rs, gs, gs-t, gsx bc if it was a turbo version it would pretty much kill you so im asuming its not the turbo version
          1998 black protege, erebuni kit, 17in white eagle alloy rims, 5 percent tint all around, apex'i N1 exhaust, green street glow kit(gold series), Front And Rear Strut bars. JDM tail lights, clear corners. Katzkin interior(black & white). two 4-point evo harnesses, custom eye kids, Hid's, All custom two toned black and white interior...painted calipers and drums(black) HKS duel intake...Panasonic headunit..pioneer inside speakers..1100 watt splash amp..mtx box..two 12in kenwoon tornado subs..two 12in streetglow neaons under dash (green)PLANS FOR 07...2 toned paint job..2in drop erebuni lip spoiler and grill...Custom hood CF or fiber glass still thinking...and if eveything goes well Turbo..

Comment

i love racing Eclipse's and Talon's because they get their big jump off the line and then i just rip past them in about 3rd gear. Even the 13-second Talon's i just kill on a rolling start.

now only if i can get my 60-fts under 2.2
            13.66@102

Comment

I don't care for Eclipses....but good kill it would have been bad if it was the turbo version.....Go Protege Power.....rofl
              "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

yuh nice kills but if that thing was turbo i think he would be making the same comments about your car that you made on his
                92 323 with KF-ZE V6 swap done by me, cold air intake, 2 1/4 header back piping, ported throttle body with spacer, NOW FOR SALE FOR $2500, email me at dezznuts59@aol.com

Comment

Originally posted by UrBaNsTyLe55
                  yuh nice kills but if that thing was turbo i think he would be making the same comments about your car that you made on his
                  yep, very true
                  the turbos are the "spyders", right?

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

CRV.... Sold....sniff, sniff

Comment

gs-t
                    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

both the gs-t and ths spyders, and also the gs-x(4wheel drive turbo)
                      92 323 with KF-ZE V6 swap done by me, cold air intake, 2 1/4 header back piping, ported throttle body with spacer, NOW FOR SALE FOR $2500, email me at dezznuts59@aol.com

Comment

Hehe it wasn't Turbo ... he said it was, but he is full of .... We did switch cars the other day....soooo slow his was :p He alos said his car went 195Mph. That's just the type of people I want to bash their head in whenever they start talking.

Comment

LOL

im guessing he had the majestic 1.8l.....whopping like 90 crank hp

the N/A 4g63 or 420a should still have beat you, so if its one ofthose motors im guessing he shifted REALLY HORRIBLY like really really ****ty at like 3000 rpms every shift.

all spyder means is convertible.....95-99 was second generation eclipse with RS, GS, GST (turbo) and GSX (turbo AWD) models.....spyder was available in GS, GST, and GSX i beleive.

Comment

my eclipse owns joo!!........................... ............... ...........
                            Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Funny thing is...I think I depressed him so much (seeing that he thought this Eclipse could beat my 300Hp Mustang GT) he is trading in his car for a Honda Del Sol. Which this paticular Del **** isn't all that great, I saw it in town - I see about everyone's car in town because the population is only 3,000 - and it is so a peice of crap, looks it any way, the paint was definatly done by spray paint cans from Wal-Mart, or so it looks. It doesn't even have a clear coat. It has one of those stupid ricey huge spoilers on the back. The best thing is this guy said "I'm getting this car for CHEAP I'm giving him my car plus $2k , and for $1300 more I get a body kit!"

Comment

Working...
                              X