Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

exhaust shops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exhaust shops

does anyone know of some exhaust shops in the twin cities, preferably south metro like burnsville, apple valley, etc. that does a good job, but wont charge an arm and a leg. i bought an r1 muffler for my car and want to get it put on, so i called automax and they told me it'd be between $150-200 to get it put on $200 to get a damn muffler welded on and some hangers installed??!! good god. i understand it's gonna be a little difficult since my piping is 1 7/8" and the inlet on the muffler is 2 1/4", but there is no way im gonna pay 2 bills to get a muffler put on.
    '04 altima 2.5s sonoma sunset

Nismo CAI
    18" ASA AR1's wrapped in Dunlop Direzza 225/45WR18

most places wont even turn on their welder for under 70 bucks so it might be high
    i is dumb

Comment

Originally posted by skr33t_rac3r
      most places wont even turn on their welder for under 70 bucks so it might be high
      when i got my dynomax muffler put on it was only $50. of couse there was only a 1/8in difference between the piping size and the inlet, but still, it shouldnt be that much more expensive.

Nismo CAI

Comment

hehe, costs $30 to have an aftermarket muffler welded on here, anything higher than that you need to make the guy a new hat with your muffler...better yet, rent a welder for $20 and do it yourself.
        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

well i put mine on myself i went to mineke and they said it would be higher then 70 so i said **** u and trued some other shop they said 70 so i just did that **** myself
          i is dumb

Comment

i just got back from midas. they said $75. i went ahead and had them do it, i have no welding/exhaust knowledge so i figured i'd just get it done there. it sounds nice too

Nismo CAI

Comment

damn dude, the price sucks, but hey its done, now you can look forward to your gas mileage dropping, you always gonna want to hear it.
              According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

vrrrrooommmmm
                "In the end, it doesn't even matter" Linkin Park

Comment

Working...
                X