Bought a 1.8...I'm a sick, sick man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought a 1.8...I'm a sick, sick man

Couldn't pass it up on Ebay...$200 plus $130 to ship.

39k 1.8 beats my current 98k 1.5.

Looks like I'll be parting out my 1.5...and I just bought that brand new never installed head w/valves. That's up for sale too I guess.

This gives me something to do when I get laid off next month

It's a '97...the destination chassis is a '98

Comment

I told you to do that ....
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

yeah, yeah, yeah...keep your told-you-so's to yourself.

I wouldn't have ever done this if someone didn't pioneer the work first. So you're partially to blame.

you...you...enabler

Comment

Originally posted by davens
          Couldn't pass it up on Ebay...$200 plus $130 to ship.

39k 1.8 beats my current 98k 1.5.
          dude, can I see the auction, please?

Comment

There is another 97 1.8L on ebay with only 22K, and it even comes with wire harness, no ecu though.

If I only had $600

"Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

I saw that, but $243 for shipping???
              I can pick one up locally... There are several actually. One is $450, the other $700 - 43K miles on it..

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                dude, can I see the auction, please?
                Don't tell me you were looking also. Maybe wondering how you missed it?

Don't forget the Kia Sephia engine...

Comment

Is this worth anything in the 2nd gen world? Who knows?
                  The 750 plus shipping would be a bunch less than an entire turbo set-up and it's only got 3K miles on it.
                  Anybody know how much it would take to get it working in a 2nd gen. and if it would even fit?

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
                  Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
                  I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaMania
                    Is this worth anything in the 2nd gen world? Who knows?
                    The 750 plus shipping would be a bunch less than an entire turbo set-up and it's only got 3K miles on it.
                    Anybody know how much it would take to get it working in a 2nd gen. and if it would even fit?
                    What is it you are talking about? The link you added goes to a page with no results.
                    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Dang...it's a link that has MSP engines on it. The cheapest one is in FL and is 750 for an engine with 3K miles on it. They range from 750-2000.
                      I guess basically...will an MSP engine fit in a 2nd gen. and how much more work than the BP will it take?

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>

Comment

Dang...it's a link that has MSP engines on it. The cheapest one is in FL and is 750 for an engine with 3K miles on it. They range from 750-2000.
                        I guess basically...will an MSP engine fit in a 2nd gen. and how much more work than the BP will it take?
                        Way more work, don't bother.
                        I'd think that even a BPT would be less work in a second gen.
                        Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                        BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

I figured it was. It was just a thought. Pay 1000 for a new engine and turbo or a little more for just a turbo to an engine that has less potential.

Comment

. Pay 1000 for a new engine and turbo or a little more for just a turbo to an engine that has less potential.
                            I think I missed something here.
                            Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                            BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                            Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                              I think I missed something here.
                              The MSP engine would be around 1G with shipping correct? Which is a 2.0? A NA MSP engine is an ES protege engine correct? The 2.0 has more potential than my 1.5L

If it was a matter of buying a MSP engine that is already turbo'd with only 3K miles or turboing the 1.5 or dropping in a BPT with approx. 40K miles on it.

For what in my mind at the time was about the same amount of money for all three which one would you pick? I dunno if that helps. I was just thinking out loud about something that I hadn't really put much thought into.

Comment

Working...
                              X