Mounting Kit Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mounting Kit Help!

Maybe someone can help me. I am looking for a mounting kit other then the universals. The universal one that I have has two plastic pieces about 1/4" inch thick that makes the deck stick out. I am looking for a flush mount. Kinda like this picture

Or if that dosent work it is here

sorry dude, i only know about the 3rd gens when it comes to stuff like that

Comment

thats how mine looks.
      I took off the 2 plastic trim pieces from the bezel, then I cut one of them to fit the HU. slid it all in. looks same as in the pic.
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Where's that bottom black "filler" piece from?

D323- Which two trim pieces are you speaking of? Piece from the stock radio bezel?

"Mazderati"
        91 LX DOHC 5 speed V8 stocker
        Pioneer DEH-550MP, Infinity 6002i's, Pioneer 6x9s
        Uniden PC76XL w/ Astatic Road Devil & 5' Wilson Silverload

1982 Jeep Wagoneer Brougham
        AMC 360 V8, 4-speed, 4x4

Comment

yeah from the stock one. I took the top one and cut about a 1/3 off of the bottom edge of it off. However much is needed to make the radio seat evenly. I then screwed it back into the top position just as I found it stock.

I put my radio on bottom b/c its kinda heavy and it would make the bezel fall out due to the weight. Putting yours on top like that will work if you have something behind the trim to hold the radio up.

Comment

if you need more explanation lemme know I will try to take a pic with the digital cam.

Comment

I'm going to have to find the stock screws. Thanks for the info. A pic would be good. I think I'm going to put a piece of brushed stainless across the bottom to cover the gap and provide a place to mount some toggle switches.

"Mazderati"
              91 LX DOHC 5 speed V8 stocker
              Pioneer DEH-550MP, Infinity 6002i's, Pioneer 6x9s
              Uniden PC76XL w/ Astatic Road Devil & 5' Wilson Silverload

1982 Jeep Wagoneer Brougham
              AMC 360 V8, 4-speed, 4x4

Comment

sweet.

Comment

Ya that is half the prob I am facing right now. Who ever had the car before me took out the head unit and all speakers and when he sold it took everything back out. Trying to get it all back together and sounding ok. But with the good old Pennsylvania weather I freeze my arse off trying to do anything. I guess I will have to take a trip to the junk yard to grab those pieces.

Comment

Working...
                  X