shifting into 1st gear stutters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shifting into 1st gear stutters.

quick question guys. just bought an 86 2 door hatch mazda 323 with a 4 spd tranny. when I shift it into 1st from neutral the car stutters and feels like its skidding on my drivers side wheel when gears are starting to engage. weird never had experience driving stickshift like this. Im guessing its maybe the mounts? I dont think its the transmission , all gears shift fine just the very 1st gear. any suggestions would be great

Sounds like an unresurfaced flywheel
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Awww crap. Thats what my friend also told me. Is this a big problem and needs to be taken care of or can it be tolerated and just be an annoying thing.

Comment

Think of it like this, I may be off a little. The fly spin at high rpms while connected to the crank. If the balance is off in time it can mess up your crank. Someone correct me if I'm wrong
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

well I found out there was a vacuum leak in one of the hoses routing to the intake which made my car idle a bit lower than usual. fixed the hose and also adjusted the clutch cable to my comfort and for it to bite a bit sooner than later. Also decided to give her a dose of SEAFOAM, since the previous owner told me that he hardly drove it aggressively or on highway/freeways. After doing all three things it fixed the problem.
          Last edited by rotary84; 02-23-2011, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X