Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird Hub nut question.

Hey,

I ordered new hub-nuts for my wheel bearing change, and the ones they ordered kinda look like this:

Almost identical to the nuts that were on there before, except for the washer style bottom and no soft spot to lock the nut to the hub. The ones I got are so much stronger that the old ones though.

Is there any reason (except for the lack of locking) that I shouldn't use the ones I received?

I wouldn't worry too much about them on a bf since they are torque big time,it's other cars that are just snugged down like a bg i would not use em on.How much more for o.e.?

Comment

they might be intended to be used with a cap over the top, with a carter key going through the cap and the axle...

Comment

If you can't lock it down, then don't use it.

Comment

Originally posted by BFMRGTX View Post
          If you can't lock it down, then don't use it.

The parts associate showed me the drawing of the GTX hub parts and I remebered seeing the two hub nut options, I just didn't expect these to not have locking ability.

Does anyone have a pic of the exploded hub part list?

There has to be more to this, maybe like Rauksauff said???

I'm not sure how much more these were, ... I paid about $6 each.

Comment

Ok found out more information.

Here is the exact nut:

Used on pretty much all miata's. So I'll check my 02's front at home and see how it is secured down. Sounds like you still lock them the same way as my old ones, it's just a lot stiffer. I also read of someone cleaning the threads off the end to thin the side walls and then using them the usual way.

Part # D06Y-33-042

Comment

i have ones that look like that on my BG, I use a BFH and a chisel to secure them, no issues yet
              "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
              -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
              *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
              172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
              New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

some nuts are slightly oval shape and they are lock nuts that wont undo,, check to se if they are slightly oval shape

Comment

Working...
                X