Another bpt-GTX swap question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another bpt-GTX swap question

I'm about to do the swap in my 88 GTX and I really just have one main question; Is everyone using the BF harness/sensors, or is there someone out there who has modified a BG harness to work? I'd really like to get another ms from Lex but he doesn't make one for the BF.

Most I'd say are using a bg harness in one form or another.

Comment

Most use the B6T harness actually. If you have a donor harness the whole thing can be used and is nice. Though that's rare.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
      1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
      1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
      1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
      1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

I'm running BP+T on B6T harness & ecu

Only issue I had was getting the B6T TPS to fit the BP TB I had, but I think the tps will bolt to the 3-wire tb? I had a 4-wire to work with
        1991 Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT AWD Bastardization/conversion
        1991 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo AWD

Creator of the B6T Rocketchip
        www.werbatfik.com

Comment

Originally posted by 808 View Post
          Most use the B6T harness actually. If you have a donor harness the whole thing can be used and is nice. Though that's rare.
          You mean a donor BG harness? The only part I'm worried about is the interior plugs. I guess I could just solder the BF interior plugs onto the BG harness.

Comment

yeah the front body harness was stressful for me,I had the b6t-bpt info from george on yahoo (in files).a print out of the bpt scematics and the bf workmanual scematics.studied them for a while and then jumped right in.If you go with the bg harness,let me know if you got any q's.Most of the wires I did'nt use in the body connector anyways.

Comment

Yeah, I meant a BPT harness. Mine's got a BPT harness in it, but it was all done long long before I bought it.

1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead

Comment

I think I found a Megasquirt to use with the stock BF harness, so I think I'm going that route. Thanks for the info guys.

Comment

Cool. That'll probably be the easiest way to go.

Comment

yeah, id rather go that stratified guy,i own 1 but still learnin',i figure help is worth a bunch.prove me wrong .NickZ

Comment

Yea, the ms I'm looking into was built by Lex. He built the one I had ony protege and I have nothing but good to say about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X